cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cinco de Mayo menu

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you celebrate Cinco de Mayo, what are you serving up this year?

We're making Chicken Enchiladas with Mole Sauce from this recipe.
http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/223260/chicken-enchiladas-with-mole-sauce/
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
24 REPLIES 24

RayUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to Magnus too.

Now I'm going to sit down to some grilled corn on the cob with mayo lime juice and chili powder.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you shorty
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
Keep the conversation to menus only.

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shortie1915 wrote:
Both casseroles below are quite tasty. I freeze any leftovers and heat in micro for a quick breakfast while on the go.

CHILI RELLENO BAKED CASSEROLE

1 large onion diced 6 eggs
7 OZ can diced green chilies 3 cups milk
10 OZ shredded sharp cheese 1 cup flour
4 OZ shredded jack cheese 2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder

Butter rectangular pan & line with cooked, sliced potatoes. Combine onion, chilies & cheeses - spoon over potatoes. Beat eggs, milk, flour & seasonings. Pour over cheeses. Bake 350ยฐF for 45-50 minutes or till center is firm.

BREAKFAST CHILI EGG PUFF

10 eggs 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
1/2 cup flour 1 pt small curd cottage cheese
1 teaspoon baking powder 1 lb grated jack cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cans diced Ortega chilies
1/2 cup diced onion

In bowl mix eggs till light and lemon colored. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese, melted butter & jack cheese. Blend till smooth - add chilies and onions. Pour into well buttered 9x13" baking dish and bake at 350ยฐF approximately 35 min or till top browns and center is firm.

If you use whole chilies, pour half of the egg mixture on bottom of pan, layer chilies and pour remaining mixture on top.

May be prepared ahead and heated in micro. I serve it with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.

Outstanding!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
I still celebrate Bastille Day and I'm now divorced from the man who introduced it to me longer than I was married to him, LOL.
Any excuse to party is fine by me:).

BajaLinda
Explorer
Explorer
We're not celebrating the holiday we are celebrating the food. The Mexican people over her don't even celebrate cinco de mayo, they only put on the parties for us foreigners and a fine party it is too ! ๐Ÿ™‚
Linda

Shortie1915
Explorer
Explorer
Both casseroles below are quite tasty. I freeze any leftovers and heat in micro for a quick breakfast while on the go.

CHILI RELLENO BAKED CASSEROLE

1 large onion diced 6 eggs
7 OZ can diced green chilies 3 cups milk
10 OZ shredded sharp cheese 1 cup flour
4 OZ shredded jack cheese 2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder

Butter rectangular pan & line with cooked, sliced potatoes. Combine onion, chilies & cheeses - spoon over potatoes. Beat eggs, milk, flour & seasonings. Pour over cheeses. Bake 350ยฐF for 45-50 minutes or till center is firm.

BREAKFAST CHILI EGG PUFF

10 eggs 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
1/2 cup flour 1 pt small curd cottage cheese
1 teaspoon baking powder 1 lb grated jack cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cans diced Ortega chilies
1/2 cup diced onion

In bowl mix eggs till light and lemon colored. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese, melted butter & jack cheese. Blend till smooth - add chilies and onions. Pour into well buttered 9x13" baking dish and bake at 350ยฐF approximately 35 min or till top browns and center is firm.

If you use whole chilies, pour half of the egg mixture on bottom of pan, layer chilies and pour remaining mixture on top.

May be prepared ahead and heated in micro. I serve it with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
JiminDenver wrote:
chile relleno casserole
double ditto: recipe?? Please?

Magnus

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
chile relleno casserole sounds good.

As for the rest, it's just a party. A reason to have a good time. There are only a few "American" holidays, one comes with turkey, the rest with hotdogs.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

suznlee
Explorer
Explorer
I agree Ray!!

Company for dinner for me it's going to be: beef enchilidas, chile relleno casserole, mango/cilantro coleslaw, lot of chips & guacamole. Mexican chocolate fudge cake with pudding for dessert. Luckily I only eat like this a handful of times a year!!!!
Suz

RayUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
When I was stationed in Iraq our battalion celebrated almost every cultural holiday. Kwanzaa, Christmas, Hanukkah, Cinco de Mayo, and a lot of others were done with their special foods. It's about having good times with good friends and families cause life's too short!!! Oorah!

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, this is how it works: Chili (with IIIIII) is this soupy stuff they make with beans and meat in places like Texas. It tastes like BBQ or some such. Chile (EEEEEE) is a fruit โ€” the spicy fruit of life and all that is good.
๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mexico Independence Day is Sept. 16

Cinco de Mayo is often confused with it, Cinco de Mayo is just a minor holiday.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I don't like the seeds, so I use whole chili's, remove the seeds, and dice them myself.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL