cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cuisinart Gas Grill - Stainless Steel - CGG-240

77vetter
Explorer
Explorer
We currently have a Coleman NXT gas grill and are having problems keeping the grill clean. It is impossible to clean unless you use one of those grill stones and then you have to scrub and scrub to get it clean.

Does anyone else have issues like that? We are wanting to replace it because we don't use it anymore because it's such a pain to clean. We are looking at the Cuisinart and wondering if that grill will be better to clean. It is enamel backed so hoping that would be better? Any other options or advice?
Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know about the Cuisinart but the Weber Q has never been beat IMO. Mine's going on 14 years old, built like a tank, and very easy to clean.

And on the subject of cleaning; I basically just burn the cast iron grill off and then hit it with the bbq brush. Nothing else is needed.

About ever 2 or 3 years I might take the grill off and clean the inside, burners, etc, but you really don't have to do that unless you are having some sort of problem. The grease drains into a convenient aluminum foil pan you discard. I end up replacing that maybe every 1 or 2 years as I just dump the grease out and put the pan back in!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
3ares wrote:
I was wondering what the best small gas grill is for Rving.
Thank you and Happy Camping

We love our Weber Baby Q. I won't buy nothing else.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

3ares
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering what the best small gas grill is for Rving.
Thank you and Happy Camping
2016 F250 Super Duty 4x2 Crew Cab XLT
6.7 Power Stroke
6 Speed Transmission
3.31 Electronic Locking Axle
Pullrite 16K Super Glide Hitch
2012 Sundance 275 RE XLT Fithwheel

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
X3
I turn the burners up to cremate until all the stuff on the grill turns white and then brush it away.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I clean mine maybe once a year. High heat followed by a screwdriver. As I'm sure you've heard of, if you use a WIRE brush be sure no wires are left on the grill. Bad news.

I pre-heat as directed, always, so a steak cooked the day after salmon tastes like a steak.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on heating it up and scraping clean. I never clean our grill any other way.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I connect our little gas grill to a bulk container and leave it closed up on the high heat setting for about 90 minutes. After that it's super easy to scrape away the once baked on remnants with a plastic scraper.
I have to do this about once a year.