cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Popcorn

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
Just got an Orville Redenbacker Power Pop for making microwave popcorn. Fantastic product !
16 REPLIES 16

Rice
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just can't believe it would make a difference, but I use a white Corelle plate.

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
Rice wrote:
I make mine in the microwave in a glass bowl I already have on hand in my limited amount of space. I put a plate on top of it and leave a little bit of the top open for venting. Works perfectly, with butter/oil or without.

The bowl gets super hot, but that keeps the popcorn warm so I don't complain.

unbelievable as it sounds, my beige Corelle plate got burn marks on it when I did this. Yes, I know, who could screw this up ?

Rice
Explorer III
Explorer III
I make mine in the microwave in a glass bowl I already have on hand in my limited amount of space. I put a plate on top of it and leave a little bit of the top open for venting. Works perfectly, with butter/oil or without.

The bowl gets super hot, but that keeps the popcorn warm so I don't complain.

ICamel
Explorer
Explorer
Whirly-Pop on the stove top. No "old maids":W
ICamel

2017 Arctic Fox 992
2005 Ford F350 Lariat SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4 + 6 Speed Manual + 19.5" Tires + LoadLifter 5000 Rear Air Bags
2005 16' River Wild Drift Boat
Honda EU2000i
Trophytrout FlyFisherman

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote: "A youtube video is needed to make popcorn on top of stove "

Yep, for the microwave generation to learn.:B
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote: "A youtube video is needed to make popcorn on top of stove :B "

Yep, for the microwave generation to learn.:B
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
magnusfide wrote:
How to make it on the stove in a pot.

A youtube video is needed to make popcorn on top of stove :H
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
How to make it on the stove in a pot.

Magnus

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
bob213 wrote:
We've had one for years and love it. Can't seem to find the power cups in stores anymore. Glad they are easily available on Amazon.

Old-Biscuit...since you can make it with or without oil, I bet you could use some jalapeno oil to make it.

But I would be missing the sliced chucks of fried Jalapeno :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
We've had one for years and love it. Can't seem to find the power cups in stores anymore. Glad they are easily available on Amazon.

Old-Biscuit...since you can make it with or without oil, I bet you could use some jalapeno oil to make it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I make popcorn in a pot or I buy my favorite Skinny Pop Popcorn from Costco.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
we use a hot air popper, then it goes into a paper shopping bag, sprinkle popcorn salt on it,shake it up, then sprinkle Tapatio on it,shake it up,,,Popcorn Time!!

WolverineState
Explorer
Explorer
We like making Jiffy Pop over the campfire. They sell extended handles so as not to singe yourself. Here's a link if anyone's interested. Nowadays, they sell the extended handles in a lot of campground stores.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JUMS9O/ref=asc_df_B003JUMS9O5072022/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B003JUMS9O&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167125544335&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17990064813615594799&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016843&hvtargid=pla-315600829116

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just make ours in a pot on the stove ๐Ÿ˜›

Magnus