cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Easy Breakfast Pizza

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
1 tube refrigerator pizza dough (I used Pillsbury)
1 T. olive oil
6 slices bacon (or more)
8 eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet (or use a nonstick one). Spread pizza dough as evenly as possible on baking sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes.

While dough is cooking, fry bacon to crispy stage on stovetop or in microwave. Blot on paper towels and crumble or dice finely.

Drain enough bacon fat into a skillet to cook 8 eggs (will still need some even in a nonstick skillet). Scramble eggs.

Spread eggs over pizza dough. Sprinkle bacon crumbles over eggs. Spread cheese over entire surface. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 4-5 minutes.

Immediately cut and loosen from baking sheet. Serve warm. Serves 6.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more
6 REPLIES 6

Shortie1915
Explorer
Explorer
Bet this would work with biscuits as well!

BigBlockTank
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Awe, I was hoping for a campfire version. My oven weighs nearly 100 lbs and needs 50 amp @ 240 v, so it stays at home when I go camping.

Recipe sounds delicious though.

I've cooked pizza on my 22.5" Weber for probably 20 years. My wife makes the dough (we also have a wood fired oven in our back patio). I cook the dough just enough for it not to be sticky on each side.

Put all your toppings on and return to the grill, with the lid closed. It cooks very well for us, and it has a crispy crust when done. Good luck, and make the best pizzas ever!!!!

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like beer with my pizza and breakfast is a little early for that.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks tasty. You can make this in a Dutch Oven too. Just use the DO conversion charts for heat and line the DO with aluminum foil to make an easier extraction lift. Here's a PDF of the Lodge Baking Temperature Chart for Dutch Ovens.

On the ***** line, the bold number is charcoal bricks for the lid, the /# is the number for the bottom.
Ex: 10/5 means 10 charcoal bricks for the lid, 5 on the bottom under the DO.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Grease up a cast iron pan with lid. Arrange pizza dough in bottom, making a slight dam all around the edge. Cover and bake until firm but not quite done. Add other ingredients, cover, bake until cheese melts.

Time will depend on the fire and the thickness of your cast iron.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Awe, I was hoping for a campfire version. My oven weighs nearly 100 lbs and needs 50 amp @ 240 v, so it stays at home when I go camping.

Recipe sounds delicious though.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed