cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Induction Cooktop Suggestions

LA-REDNECK
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to buy induction cook unit. Many different ones available. What are you using? Satisfied with it?
LA-REDNECK

2013 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
2017 Acadia
18 REPLIES 18

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

They don't stay at one power level. They "search" all the time except on the highest possible setting. That tells me the technology is some what similar to a microwave where (except for one brand) 50% causes the unit to turn on and off.

STBRetired wrote:
You don't always need to run it full out. But is nice to have 1800 available if you want to sear something.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Burton unit has temperature setting as well as power setting. Think NuWave does as well. They don't have probes so not sure how accurate they are.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

GT928
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
GT928 wrote:
It is only available from Tasty Shop: https://tastyshop.com/collections/tasty-one-top

I bought mine with the cookware bundle as I needed some extra induction capable pans.

looks to me to be twice the price of others.
bumpy

Astute observation
2011 Earthbound Golden Ridge
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
North Georgia

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
GT928 wrote:
It is only available from Tasty Shop: https://tastyshop.com/collections/tasty-one-top

I bought mine with the cookware bundle as I needed some extra induction capable pans.

looks to me to be twice the price of others.
bumpy

GT928
Explorer
Explorer

North Georgia

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
GT928 wrote:
I bought a Duxtop about a year ago. It works great. Use it at home and on the road. I recently bought a Tasty One Top developed and made by a GE company. It is more expensive and slightly less powerful than the Dux but it offers a couple of advantages. It pairs with a smartphone app to execute menus from Tasty. Haven't really tried that yet, as I prefer my own menus/recipes.

The other advantage is the Sous Vide option. The Tasty Top comes with a thermometer that attaches to a stock pot that measures and maintains a constant water temperature (within a degree or two) for a long cook time. It pairs with the smart phone to set up. I think the Tasty top will be a great addition to the RV so I don't have to take my Anova Sous Vide cooker along. The advantage of both the Tasty top and a sous vide cooker is that you can leave items cooking for long periods of time while you are hiking. I can leave a roast sealed in plastic on for hours and it will be a perfect temperature when I get back, never overcooked. I can then fire up the grill and sear the exterior before eating. I do steaks this way quite often.

I searched on Amazon for Tasty One Top and couldnโ€™t find it.

I Sous Vide and would be interested in one. Is there a brand?

Where did you find yours?
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
You don't always need to run it full out. But is nice to have 1800 available if you want to sear something.
2016 Ford Edge Sport

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I prefer the 1300 watt Nuwave. I'm not sure it is available anymore. 1800 watts pushes the circuits pretty hard if you have two in operation.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Burton. Make sure you get the 1800 watt, not the 1500 watt.
2016 Ford Edge Sport

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Duxtop and it works well. My only complaint (my wife doesn't mind this) is that the cooling fan in rather noisy.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I recommend the NuWave too, but use caution when cooking on a non-level surface, such as a picnic table. The cooktop is glass and cookware can slide off.

GT928
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Duxtop about a year ago. It works great. Use it at home and on the road. I recently bought a Tasty One Top developed and made by a GE company. It is more expensive and slightly less powerful than the Dux but it offers a couple of advantages. It pairs with a smartphone app to execute menus from Tasty. Haven't really tried that yet, as I prefer my own menus/recipes.

The other advantage is the Sous Vide option. The Tasty Top comes with a thermometer that attaches to a stock pot that measures and maintains a constant water temperature (within a degree or two) for a long cook time. It pairs with the smart phone to set up. I think the Tasty top will be a great addition to the RV so I don't have to take my Anova Sous Vide cooker along. The advantage of both the Tasty top and a sous vide cooker is that you can leave items cooking for long periods of time while you are hiking. I can leave a roast sealed in plastic on for hours and it will be a perfect temperature when I get back, never overcooked. I can then fire up the grill and sear the exterior before eating. I do steaks this way quite often.
North Georgia

Schertz
Explorer
Explorer
Have used the Nuwave for several years....no problems. Tip: take a magnet to the store when you shop for cookware...quick way to determine which pans, etc. work with magnetic induction without reading the fine print regarding induction use.
2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Cadillac SRX

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hiโ€”we have twoโ€”a NuWave and a Duxtop. Both work about the same, but the Duxtop cost about half and I like the design better. Duxtop is available on Amazon.
chartrue2@aol.com