cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Microwave/convection combo opinion???

MJO21
Explorer
Explorer
We have one in our 5'er, so I know alot of us have experience with them, but have never used it for anything besides a microwave.

Anyway, we are doing a small upgrade to our home kitchen and DW was thinking that we should look into a microwave/convection oven to replace our old micro only. We think it would be useful especially when entertaining and needing an second oven. Like I said above we have never used the one in our camper as an oven so I am looking for opinion, info, and advice,.....

Do you use your convection part of your microwave a lot? Are you happy with the results? Are there certain things that you will/will not cook with it?use it for? Does it heat up quickly? How hot can you get it?
7 REPLIES 7

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
dahkota wrote:
We use the convection part more than the microwave part. I bake bread, cakes, cookies, fish, chicken, pizza... I also use it to roast pork and beef. The only thing I don't love about it is that I can't use it when dry camping.
we run ours off the generator.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

charlysmom_dad
Explorer
Explorer
We had convection/microwave in our last 2 motorhomes. We found the convection oven was fantastic.
But, it was a little difficult to keep clean. We got the baked on stuff like you get in a regular oven, so when we had to use the microwave, we were microwaving all that grit along with the food.

We bought a countertop convection oven, and use it for all our meals.
We don't have a regular oven in our present motorhome, we never used one in our last motorhome. We stopped using our oven in the house.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We use the convection part more than the microwave part. I bake bread, cakes, cookies, fish, chicken, pizza... I also use it to roast pork and beef. The only thing I don't love about it is that I can't use it when dry camping.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have one in our home as well as in our RV and both are used extensively. Once we figured out how to use the unit in our rig we found it makes a great roast and does a wonderful job baking self-rising frozen pizzas that our kids love to devour. The microwave side of it gets used a lot as well, but our experience is the performance isn't as good as a standalone unit.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
my kid loves it ,always making snacks

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I use our convection/microwave a lot in the RV. The only time I use the regular oven if I need an extra oven. I have two convection/conventional ovens at home. I always use the convection for baking & roasting.A convection oven is an oven with a fan that distributes heat evenly.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We use our convection/microwave frequently in the convection mode both at home and the RV. Especially if we need to bake two things at the same time at different temps. Works great. At home it goes up to 450. Not sure about the RV but I think the same.