cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pancake in a Can

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone still make/sell the pancake batter in a can anymore. Neither of our two markets sell it and I have not seen it in a few years. It was handy for two of us and we only eat pancakes maybe once a month?
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"
31 REPLIES 31

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I'm partial to Bruce's Sweet Potato Pancake mix. Add chopped pecans to the batter for a real treat.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
I hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cooking in the morning so have been known to take advantage of the pancake fund raiser at our regular SP;).

YOU sweat over the griddles making the pancakes and sausages and I'll pour each cup of OJ into a Thermos and drive back to the campsite. Now all I have to do is heat the syrup or fruit compote and cook up a mess of scrambled eggs. Wish they'd sell cups of hot coffee/tea too but maybe some year..

Best $3.00 per plate I spend every summer, LOL.

This year our long trip will require us to be more self sufficient soo I made a batch of banana pancakes, froze 'em with wax paper squares between each cake and they'll be dessert one night w/ whipped cream and caramel sauce. No more pancakes until we reach civilasation again because well because we're camping. Hehehe.

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
We really like walmart's great value extra fluffy pancake mix.
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I got some Aunt Jemima Complete and put enough mix in a pint jar for 5-6 pancakes. I leave it in the RV and when we are ready for pancakes, I add enough water until it looked the right consistency. After we were done, wash and dry the jar and refill it at home.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea! Wonder where Subway gets those heavy duty squeeze bottles with the big openings they squirt the dressings on their subs with?

Nerak
Explorer
Explorer
Save a large clean empty ketchup bottle. Put dry complete pancake mix in it and pack it in the RV. When ready to use, add water, shake and pour! Easy peasy!

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
Dutchman, I could do that, but trying to eliminate anything to wash and store in our small trailer. I will try at home before I take it on the road. I might pitch the idea to the pancake people :).

2Oldman, that is what we use now and throw half away:(.
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Redcatcher70 wrote:
.. and put it in a quart Ziploc.
This might be a whole lot easier.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Redcatcher70 wrote:
I am going to try something. Buy a box of complete mix, measure enough for four to five pancakes and put it in a quart Ziploc. Add water and mix in the bag, snip a corner of the bag and squirt on the griddle, see how much mess I can make.....

Rather than make a mess like that, why not get a squeezable bottle and put the mix in it. Shake it up real good and you can squeeze it on your griddle. Hopefully, you won't have near the mess? You may have to cut the top of the tip off to make it a bigger hole: Click here.

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to try something. Buy a box of complete mix, measure enough for four to five pancakes and put it in a quart Ziploc. Add water and mix in the bag, snip a corner of the bag and squirt on the griddle, see how much mess I can make.....
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
If Amazon doesn't have it it doesn't exist.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We use Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete. About as easy as you can get and makes great pancakes. Pour the batter on the griddle, scatter a generous helping of frozen blueberries (thawed) on top before turning, and mmmmmm mmmmmm good!

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Shake & Pour now, but end up wasting about half of it. We tried buying a box and mix what we need, but then have utensil and bowl clean-up after. I am REAL lazy........
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We use Bisquick Pancake Shake 'N Pour but Aunt Jemima is good too.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Redcatcher70 wrote:
Does anyone still make/sell the pancake batter in a can anymore. Neither of our two markets sell it and I have not seen it in a few years. It was handy for two of us and we only eat pancakes maybe once a month?

The company went out of business about 5 or 6 years ago.

Maybe you can still find some at dollar stores that sell food.