cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quick road food

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
We plan to do lots of daily sightseeing while on a vacation to Blacks Hills, Yellowstone, and Grand Tetons.

Most likely we will not be returning to the campsite during the day and we would like to compile a list of easy to prepare cold/hot lunch meals for the road.

I'll start off the list:

Cold
  • Ham or turkey Sandwiches
  • Ham or Eggs or Tuna or Chicken salad sandwiches
  • Peanut butter or nutella and Jelly
  • Tuna, tomatoes, onion, jalapenos on crackers
  • Ham & Cheese on crackers

Hot
  • Hotdogs or brats or chili dogs
  • Quesodillas
  • Hamburgers
  • Pizza foil packets - Pita, sauce, fixing, cheese
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie
32 REPLIES 32

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Herself likes to use a romaine leaf like a tortilla and stuff it with cold salads like cheddar spread, tuna, ham salad, egg salad, etc. It's an easy way to get your veg in the meal.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you may be eating when you return late at night too? I have precooked foods on hand such as Hormel Beef Tips and then I can heat that up quickly over noodles or rice, or on a bun. We also like store bought Ambrosia, found in the deli section, pickle spears, small bags of chips, nuts, health bars, beef jerky, fresh fruit, baguettes to have with salami and cheese.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
sounds like my list. I also take several pkgs of cooked chicken breasts and cooked taco meat and cooked hamburgers... and just get them out of the freezer and zap them in the microwave.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.