cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVs With External Gas Hookup

Ricebug
Explorer
Explorer
What current-year model RVs have that outside gas connector for a BBQ grill? I've Googled the thing, but all I get are links about the grills themselves.

Or the outdoor kitchen? My wife likes the idea of frying fish OUTSIDE of the RV.
Terry DeLaney
USAF, Retired
14 REPLIES 14

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Most new RV's will have a capped gas T somewhere in the run.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

steve-n-vicki
Explorer
Explorer
Bumper mounted grill was an option on my 2014 bullet

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
My Creekside has the tap for High Pressure between the tanks on the tongue. It came with a 12' hose to go into that tap then to the gas grill in place of the small cylinder. I suppose the idea is I put the gas grill on the tailgate of my pickup and hook the hose up there. I think this is sort of, well, Mickey Mouse. I am running a High Pressure 3/8 stainless line from between the tanks to my gas grill location so I can use short hose, say 4 feet that is right there by the gas grill mount. I have sourced all bullet proof(high pressure)stainless fittings and a ball valve at the tap between the tanks so I can shut it off when not in use. I may take the hose connection off the tap at the tank and use it at the gas grill location and use the existing tee for my new tap. Life will be better with this.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

eppersonwayne
Explorer
Explorer
I had a2011 cougar with 0ne I said had

agteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2006 Weekend Warrior has the quick connect grill. It attaches under the camper by the door. You could put in a T and then run a hose with the frame to where ever you want the grill. That's what Weekend Warrior did.
camping buddies - my husband,:R
American Eskimo - Baby
07 Lance 915
2015 Ram 3500 Lonestar Edition
01 International 4700 - SOLD
99 Dodge 3500 Quad Long Bed,Cummins,Rhino Liner
06 WW SLC 3505 - SOLD
48 Ford 8N was a rustbucket
52 Ford 8N w/ Sherman 54B HydroHoe

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH has the best answer I think, there are several makers of "extend-a-stay" propane kits. Marshal(MEC), "Sturgi-safe"(MB Sturgis), JR Products and Camco also make similar kits.

I would buy a deluxe kit with the brass "Tee" that connects directly to the tank or cylinder and then the house system is connected to the other end. In the middle of the "Tee" is a fitting that is the same as the connection on a 1lb cylinder, a hose to connect your BBQ and a hose should you wish to have a extended stay (100# cylinder) to feed the house.

There are a variety of ways to hook these adapters up to your RV and a large variety of fittings to hook hoses up almost any way you want, including quick disconnects.

If you would like more specific information, I would be happy to copy the pages of a catalog and post in this forum. PM me with the request. Of course you can Google any of the names I listed above and get the info direct from the Mfg.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just put an extend a stay on any RV you want ( Marshall makes them - Camping World,Amazon etc. have them)
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
Ours has the outside connection. See RV in signature
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Problem is finding a grill that will work. Grills have gas regulators. Gas lines coming from your tanks also have gas regulators. 2 regulators = no cooking.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Our 1991 pop-up had a quick coupler outside for the grill.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Arctic Fox
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
the hard gas line on my TT running to the water heater has a capped off stub heading outboard to the door side of the TT. Would be trivial to add a quick disconnect, suspect it was an option and they prep for it. If you go looking, might want to check...
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My Outback has the outside drop-down stove and sink. There is a hose attached to the stove that connects under the camper with a quick disconnect. Very easy to connect or disconnect. However, we very seldom use the gas stove, but do on occasion for boiling water for spaghetti or pastas because we almost always cook on the picnic table with a flat electric griddle or an electric skillet. We never cook inside the camper unless it's raining and blowing everywhere, even in the winter.

Go to WallMart and pick up a flat electric griddle for less than $29.00 and plug in to the campground electric post with a separate extension cord so you are not drawing power through the actual camper. This works for us and been doing it this way for over 30 years.

Then you can cook all the fish you want outside! An electric skillet will give you the ability to deep-fry too, without having to buy a deep fryer. Fill half with oil and toss in the the fish or French Fries or whatever. When the oil cools, pour back into the bottle to be used for the next time you deep fry something. Simple and works very, very well. All done outside. No smells inside the camper.

mikeh449
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 eagle ht jayco fiver with quick disconnect for grill