cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM-alama-dingdong 2.0

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
SPAM can be found in just about every truck stop, convenience store, gas station and so on. It's even available in the low sodium version. It also makes easy and simple meals for those away-cays on the road when you don't want to cook, clean too much, eat another tasteless fast food burger and so on.

I'm creating another SPAM thread (not because I like it which I do) but because one of the frequent questions in this category is for recipes for RVing. So for those who like to go winter camping and are getting ready to bug out here's some ideas for your SPAM cache. Feel free to add your own simple recipes.

SPAM Scramble Eggs

Diced SPAM is fried crispy and removed from the pan. Add a dash of butter or milk to the pan and heat. Stir in beaten eggs. As eggs begin to set, stir the diced SPAM back into the pan. When cooked to desired doneness serve it up.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
21 REPLIES 21

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Pbutler97 wrote:
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
When I was much younger (and plant tours were a thing) we had the pleasure of touring the Hormel plant in Minnesota. As part of the tour they actually showed us how Spam was made. From that day to this I have never consumed Spam.

Nothing like hog scraps including the occasional loose hog nad ground up and pressed into a loaf with gelatin to glue it all together....Yum.

Mmmmm, Mmmmm, and to think, only 4740 mg of sodium per can. What more could your heart ask for??
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
When I was much younger (and plant tours were a thing) we had the pleasure of touring the Hormel plant in Minnesota. As part of the tour they actually showed us how Spam was made. From that day to this I have never consumed Spam.

Nothing like hog scraps including the occasional loose hog nad ground up and pressed into a loaf with gelatin to glue it all together....Yum.

dhull
Explorer
Explorer
Whew I thought you were putting a slice of spam between 2 hostess ding dongs.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of my favorite things is the old stand by of biscuits and gravy,but with the Spam twist.

Starting with diced and fried Spam then mixing it with my Home Made Country Gravy then mixing in the Spam then ladling it over my biscuits.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Camping without SPAM is unAmerican! lol Yes, open spaces, I like it crispy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
My kids always loved fried Spam and rice.

Cook some steamed rice. Stand the spam on a cutting board in the same orientation that is sits in the can. Slice into thin slices and fry until kind of crispy.

Put some slices on a plate and the rice on top. Add a little Aloha soy sauce which is sweeter than regular soy.

Link
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup