cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Watcher Recipes

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice - fresh squeezed
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

WW Points: 3 servings at 5-P each OR 2 servings at 7-p EACH

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.
291 REPLIES 291

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, this looks great, have done something similar, just not with the lime and cilantro. We like those favors, so will give it a try. Thanks!

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a new halibut recipe I picked up. Tried it and immediately put it into the keeper file!

Halibut Veracruz

4 servings

Ingredients

3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I just used spray)
1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 cups diced tomato
1 medium jalapeno, diced
1 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons butter (Used butter flavored spray)
4 (8-ounce) halibut fillets
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup Spanish olives, cut into thin rounds, plus 2 tablespoons olive juice from bottle
2 medium avocados, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves (Too much for my taste, I cut it in half)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until lightly colored, about 3 minutes. Add tomato, jalapeno and white wine. Cook until wine is reduced by 2/3, about 5 to 7 minutes. While sauce is reducing, heat butter in a separate skillet over medium heat. Season fish with kosher salt. When butter is melted, add halibut to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, flip over and then transfer pan to preheated oven and bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove sauce from heat when reduced and stir in olives and olive juice.

To serve, divide sauce equally among 4 dinner plates. Place halibut (first caramelized side up) in the center of each plate on top of the sauce. Place avocado slices on top of fish, sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro, as garnish
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
up again!

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
Up for recent inquiry

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
I make the Dijon Crusted fish at least twice a month for us. We were in fact going to have it tonight, however I got home late and DH wanted to try a new restaurant close to us so I got a pass tonight. I always have Alaskan salmon and DH likes cod. The topping is great on both, one of my favorite WW recipes. Let us know how it works with the shrimp and what adjustments you made. I will try or may try to combine the two recipes, probably should try the original first and go from there.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Roadrunner wrote:
Couldn't believe it when I saw your post, Steve. Just told DH that I was going to try the Garlic Baked Shrimp this week. Have been meaning to for some time. What, besides cutting down on the cornflake crumbs , would you do differently? Also, per Leo's post, while I've not used celeriac as a sub for potatoes, I have subbed purรฉed cauliflower. For DH and I , we use straight cauliflower, but combine the cauliflower with mashed potatoes when we have guests. I use fat free half and half in lieu of milk. We have a good friend who eats very few vegetables and he did not know what he was eating. Of course a little pan sauce never hurts!

I think I am going a different direction entirely. Rather than try to fix this recipe I am going to adapt this one to use with shrimp: I think some minced garlic mixed in wouldn't hurt. I know this recipe works well with fish so it should work with shrimp as well.

Dijon-Crusted Fish

3 Tbls. reduced fat mayo
2 Tbls. grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 Tbl lemon juice
2 tsps. Dijon mustard (substitute the garlic here?)
1 tsp. horseradish
4 tilapia fillets (5 oz. each)
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tsps. butter, melted

Combine mayo, 1 Tbl. cheese, lemon juice, mustard, and horseradish. Place fillets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread mayo mixture evenly over fillets.

Combine bread crumbs, butter, and remaining cheese; sprinkle over fillets

Bake at 425 for 13-18 minutes until fish flakes easily.

4 servings

214 calories (4 pts) (5 Plus Points)
8 gr. fat (3 saturated)

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Never have used celeriac. Back in the day we went on the South Beach Diet (I think) and tried the cauliflower trick. While it wasn't inedible there was no way I was confusing it with mashed potatoes.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the cauliflower sub before, but husband didn't like it. I prefer parsnips, but that's not as low carb as celeriac, I believe, I'll have to check.

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Couldn't believe it when I saw your post, Steve. Just told DH that I was going to try the Garlic Baked Shrimp this week. Have been meaning to for some time. What, besides cutting down on the cornflake crumbs , would you do differently? Also, per Leo's post, while I've not used celeriac as a sub for potatoes, I have subbed purรฉed cauliflower. For DH and I , we use straight cauliflower, but combine the cauliflower with mashed potatoes when we have guests. I use fat free half and half in lieu of milk. We have a good friend who eats very few vegetables and he did not know what he was eating. Of course a little pan sauce never hurts!

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, have you ever cooked with celeriac? I bought one to make a celery soup (really good!) and thought I could do more with it. I've never used celeriac before, but found it to be tender and sweeter than celery. I was thinking I could skinny down the carbs in mashed potatoes by subbing half the potato with boiled celeriac.
Let me know if you've got any recipes using this!

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
KLO wrote:
Let us know how it turns out Steve!

Well, sadly, this wasn't quite the hit I was hoping for. We found the cup of crushed corn flakes ... which I cut to 1/2 cup was still way too much and totally overpowered the shrimp. The result was a topping that was dry and powdery to the mouth. I also couldn't get a Mario Batali statement out of my head that said ...you never use cheese with a fish dish ... for me the Parmesan cheese flavor was distracting. I would be interested in how others fared with this dish, perhaps I missed something in the preparation.

AllisonAndrews
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not doing WW, but have started watching what I eat. I've been trying several new recipe sites, and the majority of them have the WW points, points plus, and the regular nutrition posted, so they match whatever you are doing.

I don't want to infringe on anyone's copyright by a direct copy/paste, so I'm going to post links directly to the recipes. I'd love to discuss any of them. These are the recipes that my husband, who is not on a diet, has given two thumbs up and urged me to keep on making them.

Turkey Chili Taco Soup This one is so good with a bit of 2% mexican cheese blend and a dollup of lite sour cream.

Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets These are so flavorul you don't need a dipping sauce. For leftovers, I added them to a salad.

Beef Barley Soup This tastes best the next day - the barley really soaks up the broth. I make it using thin sirloin that I cut up myself.

Dad's Creamy Cauliflower Soup

Petite Turkey Meatloaves

Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy

Skinny Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas

Crock Pot Chicken Ranch Tacos Note on this one - use low sodium taco seasoning and broth if possible.
ALLISON & DAVID

From Tent to Pop-Up to Travel Trailer to nothing to Tent...

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Let us know how it turns out Steve!

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
This one looks great. I have some gulf shrimp in the freezer now and will be testing this one out soon. Thanks for the post.

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
I just found this recipe and while I haven't tried it yet I am sure going to, it sounds great! Sharing so the rest of you can give it a try, hope you like it. Copied it so the comments aren't mine.

This Garlic Baked Shrimp Recipe is a perfect alternative to traditional Shrimp Scampi Recipes, which are typically drenched in butter and/or oil. My version still has the flavors you love, but each serving is just 4 Points +. Each bite packs tons of delicious flavor and a hint of crunch. But the best part is that this baked shrimp recipe can be prepared quickly, easily and with very little prep and few ingredients. So itโ€™s a great Weight Watchers dinner idea when you need something on the table โ€“ fast! Even my husband, whoโ€™s not really a big fan of shrimp, enjoyed this dish. Definitely something that Iโ€™ll make again soon!

Garlic Baked Shrimp

This easy and delicious shrimp recipe is similar to a shrimp scampi recipe, but baked, and with less butter and more breading. This dish doesnโ€™t require a lot of ingredients or prep, and works well when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
Ingredients

1lb fresh, raw shrimp, deveined, peeled and tails removed
2 tbsp light butter, melted
Juice from ยฝ a lemon
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tbsp lemon zest
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup corn flakes cereal, crushed
Salt & pepper to taste

Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a medium sized bowl, combine shrimp, lemon juice, garlic, paprika and salt & pepper. Pour into a small baking dish.
In another bowl, combine cornflakes, butter, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest and parsley until it reaches a course, mealy consistency โ€“ just enough to evenly blend the ingredients.
Sprinkle cornflakes mixture over shrimp. Transfer to oven and bake until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.

Preparation time: 10 minute(s)

Cooking time: 10 minute(s)

Diet type: Pescatarian

Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein

Number of servings (yield): 4

Read more: http://www.laaloosh.com/2012/10/31/garlic-baked-shrimp-recipe/#ixzz2BV9xKmfh