cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Watcher Recipes

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice - fresh squeezed
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

WW Points: 3 servings at 5-P each OR 2 servings at 7-p EACH

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.
291 REPLIES 291

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
This thread has been buried for quite a long time now. I just paged through it and was reminded of some great recipes I had "lost" from my repertoire and thought others might enjoy recalling them as well. Nothing here has been updated to the new SmartPoints system but are easily converted if you find them interesting.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Might be time to bring this to the front again. Here's a good side dish for when bland vegetables begin to nauseate you!

Broccoli with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
2 PointsPlus
4 servings

Ingredients

1 pound broccoli
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup nonfat milk, divided
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of ground white pepper
Pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)

Preparation

Trim 1/2 inch off broccoli stalks; remove the tough outer layer with a vegetable peeler. Cut the broccoli lengthwise so the florets attached to the long stalks are 1 to 2 inches wide. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a Dutch oven fitted with a steamer basket. Steam the broccoli until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk flour and 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl until smooth. Heat the remaining 3/4 cup milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming. Whisk in the flour mixture; cook, whisking, until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; add cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg (if using). Drizzle over the broccoli. Serve warm.

Nutrition

Per serving: 95 calories; 3 g fat ( 2 g sat , 1 g mono ); 10 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 347 mg sodium; 329 mg potassium.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
martipr wrote:
SteveRuff wrote:
martipr wrote:
SteveRuff wrote:
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.

I believe that Shrimp has approx 144 gm of protein per 1 1/2 pound, considerably more that a trace per serving.

Not sure what your point is with this post. When I have posted recipes including points I have taken the point counts directly from the WW site. I will grant you that some posts, especially the earlier ones, were from the original point system and will vary from what WW uses now although I have tried to update my recipes when I can.

I did not mention points. I don't know anything about points. My comment was about the post showing only a trace of protein, which I think was wrong. It was in no way intended as a bad mouth, just a correction to a possible error. Thanks for a really good recipe, I am going to try it soon

I'm sorry I'm so dense. I finally see what you are referencing and had not noticed it before. I don't know where the word "trace" came from. Perhaps in the old WW scheme of things 5 shrimp constituted only a trace of protein, or to their way of thinking, not something worth counting.

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
martipr wrote:
SteveRuff wrote:

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1/3 cup cornstarch
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

I believe that Shrimp has approx 144 gm of protein per 1 1/2 pound, considerably more that a trace per serving.

Not sure what your point is with this post. When I have posted recipes including points I have taken the point counts directly from the WW site. I will grant you that some posts, especially the earlier ones, were from the original point system and will vary from what WW uses now although I have tried to update my recipes when I can.

I did not mention points. I don't know anything about points. My comment was about the post showing only a trace of protein, which I think was wrong. It was in no way intended as a bad mouth, just a correction to a possible error. Thanks for a really good recipe, I am going to try it soon
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
martipr wrote:
SteveRuff wrote:

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1/3 cup cornstarch
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1/3 cup cornstarch
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
ridingfamily4 wrote:
SteveRuff wrote:
Been a while since this surfaced and I tried a new dish last night that turned out great. I don't have the points yet, maybe someone could run it for me and add them.

Shrimp Arrabbiata

Ingredients

8 ounces uncooked campanelle (bell flower-shaped pasta) or rigatoni
12 ounces peeled and deveined extra-large shrimp
3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil: I sprayed then used about 1 tsp
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/3 cup dry white wine
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons grated pecorino Romano cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Preparation

1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta. Cook according to package directions; drain.

2. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer shrimp to a plate.

I did a steamed asparagus with garlic and sea salt and cut up half of a fresh pineapple split two ways to go with it. Satisfying and still have two servings left for a lunch!

Did you leave out a few steps?
like what to do with these ingredients ...
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup dry white wine

๐Ÿ™‚

You guys are so picky! You just have to know every tiny detail!!!

3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and crushed red pepper; cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are slightly softened, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in shrimp and cheese; cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in basil and lemon juice. Place about 1 cup pasta in each of 4 bowls; divide shrimp mixture evenly over pasta.

Sorry about that.

Steve

ridingfamily4
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
Been a while since this surfaced and I tried a new dish last night that turned out great. I don't have the points yet, maybe someone could run it for me and add them.

Shrimp Arrabbiata

Ingredients

4 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup dry white wine

Preparation

1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta. Cook according to package directions; drain.

2. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer shrimp to a plate.

I did a steamed asparagus with garlic and sea salt and cut up half of a fresh pineapple split two ways to go with it. Satisfying and still have two servings left for a lunch!

Did you leave out a few steps?
like what to do with these ingredients ...
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup dry white wine

๐Ÿ™‚
The one who laughs last, thinks slowest! :B

2001 Minnie Winnie
2004 Enclosed trailer
2012 Artic Cat Wildcat
2013 Honda 400
2010 Honda 250
1991 Navy at A School
1995 Getting ready for college!
2001 Boxer

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer

Shrimp Arrabbiata

Ingredients

4 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup dry white wine

Preparation

RoadLife
Explorer
Explorer
RoadLife Hearty Chicken-Rice-Kale Soup

2PointsPlus Value

Prep time: 15 min

Cook time: 1 hours Note: Reduce the cooking time to 20 minutes by using Instant Brown Rice

For our winter journey I always stock up on canned chicken and tuna. They are great for quick sandwiches and the chicken makes a terrific soup.

Serves: 16

This is a really tasty soup

Ingredients

8 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s)
1/2 cup(s) uncooked long grain brown rice
96 fl oz water (approximately)
1 cup(s) (chopped) uncooked onion(s)
4 cup(s) uncooked kale
1 cup(s) uncooked celery
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), sliced
2 cup(s) chicken bouillon prepared with water, I use about 4 tablespoons
of granulated chicken bouillon
4 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 tsp Spice Classics Cajun Seasoning
1 2/3 cup Daily Chef Daily Chef Chicken breast in water - this is one can

Instructions
In large dutch oven pot put olive oil, onions, garlic, and celery.

Simmer until onions are soft.

Add 2 cups prepared bouillon and the chicken. (Shred the chicken first)
Add the remaining chopped vegetables and seasonings and brown rice.
Stir.
Add water to cover plus 2 inches.
Bring to boil, then simmer for 1 hour, adding water as needed.
Add to seasonings as desired.

Serve
ROADLIFE

RV Part Timers Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2014 XC60 Volvo
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany;
Pancho - border terrier

catmancando
Explorer
Explorer
I watch my weight everyday just keeps going up:B

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I served this with a salad and a ciabatta roll split and toasted with some olive oil salt and garlic powder sprinkled on. This flavor was amazing, so sweet, I guess due to the carrots and sweet potatoes. The two of us have had two meals of it already and I still have what appears to be most of it left!

Italian Slow Cooker Beef Stew
via Gluten Free Chef

Serves: 8
Points Plus: 6

1 ยฝ kg (3 lb) Sirloin Beef or Topside roast (I used a chuck)
400g (16oz) Italian (Roma) tomatoes (Mine were canned, peeled and I used the 28oz can)
1 cup beef stock (broth)
1 medium onion
1 cup diced celery
2 large carrots
2 medium sweet potatoes
2-3 cloves garlic
2 bay leafs
1 tsp dry oregano
ยฝ tsp dry rosemary
1 tsp dry thyme
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
salt to taste if desired after cooking

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
last night i made these brown rice stuffed acorn squash:
https://www.kashi.com/recipes-we-love/dinner/brown-rice-stuffed-acorn-squash-recipe
I thought they were delicious, huband ws not happy at all. I made the recipe as written, using Alton Brown's recipe for foolproof baked rice. i id add a splash of white wine, and extra herbs (savory, roemary, sage).
Really, so healthy. And if you eat meat, you could always add some. i think some browned Italian sausage, like good turkey sausage, would be great. Or organic turkey andouille.
as written, one serving comes out to be about 6 points. (one swerving is one half of the recipe)

BajaLinda
Explorer
Explorer
This sounds delish. I bet a person could use cod or any firm white fish? I also like your lower calorie subs.
Linda