cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A solution to watch movies on TV with no DVD or wifi needed

barefoot14
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought software from www.playon.tv which allows you to actually record streaming movies or TV from Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix and many other stations. I transferred the movies to a USB flash drive and can watch them on our TV which has a USB port. You can also transfer them to a newer iPod touch and connect to TV with appropriate composite cable. It works great and we are thrilled! Cost very little, easy to copy and their customer support is awesome. They helped me every step of the way. The only thing you need is fast internet...I load them up at work, pause recording then remotely access my work computer from home at night and tape on work's high speed broadband connection. Too slow at home on our DSL. Good luck if you try it!

Pam in VA
2008 Winnebago View
37 REPLIES 37

barefoot14
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the confusion! This software is perfectly LEGAL, I paid for it, it has GREAT reviews online. I stream movies onto my computer using high speed internet then copy and paste to a USB flash drive to watch on my USB-enabled TV in our RV.

If anyone thinks this is not legal, go to the company's website and read about it. Also research the reviews online. Every movie I copy has my email address and that I own LEGALLY paid for software to make a copy for my personal use.

Sorry you misunderstood, I was trying to be helpful to the community. Guess I'll keep my great discoveries to myself from now on. ๐Ÿ˜ž

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Really pal? What are you, the Internet Police? :R

toedtoes wrote:
So you're pirating movies AND using your work internet against policy...
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
toedtoes wrote:

Someone's gotta do it or there would be no policy to make. :W

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:

And so toedtoes, is stepping on barefoot14 ??? :B
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

pugslyyy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a good way to do time-shifted viewing of the content you get from netflix, etc. I can see how this would be useful for life on the road!

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip!

One question: I read the website and it says this is to record from TV. Have you only recorded from from TV, or could one record shows received on Hi-Speed Internet on ones PC?

Re the comment by one poster -- the OP is not pirating, as they are recording shows they have paid for access to, in order to watch later. Neither did the OP state they were sharing said recordings online. So OP is merely personally consuming product they personally paid for, at a later time. Do those channels like it? No, but they are not being defrauded.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
CLICKY :B
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74