cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Add HP 4620 Pinter to ATT Mobley Hot Spot

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I started a new topic so as not to hijack the other posting at AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot

I have ZTE Mobley ATT internet hot spot. All is working OK. I am trying to set up a HP Officejet 4620 printer.

When I ping the printer.XXX.YYY.Z.12 it get a reply that ends with a different last number .117 vs .12

UPDATE: The .117 is my laptop. Sorry about that. I still can not ping my printer

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
6 REPLIES 6

MrWizard
Bill
Thanks..
That good news for the OP
I might even try that myself
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just got my HP wireless printer setup and it is working just fine using the Mobley as the router. My computer is using a 192.168.1.148 address and the HP picked up 192.168.1.153. It was completely a seamless changeover from my Sprint MiFi to the Mobley. I think I will leave it this way and my AT&T service in this area is better than Sprint.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at the manual for the Mobley and it looks like there is option for a guest account which would not see other devices. The manual is short on details but you can log into the device and see and change the settings. The Mobley seems to have a full range of router features including port filtering and forwarding. There is even an option to set up a custom APN so it could work with a different sim.

One interesting feature, when you log in there is a place to see the assigned telephone number for the SIM and the SIM number itself.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
The ATT Mobley is a "hotspot". Some hotspots will not let the clients "see" each other even if they are on the same network like 192.168.1.X. Some hotspots will allow it and some will give you an option if you want them to see each other or not.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unlike a MiFi device I don't believe the Mobley has any kind of routing ability. However, I would think that if the printer and the computer are on the same network you should be able to access it. It looks like you have blurred out standard local IP addressing which is not necessary. If your computer is on 192.168.1.xxx and your computer is connected to the Mobley it will also have a 192.168.1.xxx. By default the setup is to assign IP addresses starting at 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200 with the Mobley having a 192.168.1.1 IP.
My computer picked up a 192.168.1.148 address but I have not tried to connect my HP printer. I'm bored so I am going to go sign my printer into the Mobley and see what happens. I don't think it will work but what they hey!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

MrWizard
I think you will need to add a Wi-Fi router
The Mobley is designed for in car use , is not designed to network the printer to the pc
There is lot of this topic on the HoFo...Howard Forums
Mentioned in the first post, there is a link to this Mobley thread 123 pages and counting
Several different routers are mentioned an Asus and a Net Gear are ones I remember

PS:
the router will use mobley for internet, just like it would use a cable modem, your PC and printer will connect to router network
NOT the mobley
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s