cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Mobley

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I heard/read that AT&T Mobley offers wifi meant for car use at $20 a month for unlimited data. Supposedly you an get a device to connect up to 5 devices, extra, and take it mobile or out of the car.
We currently have a hot spot and only buy data time when we travel, which hasn't been that often, but if that is correct I'd consider a 2 year contract at $20 a month. We plan to travel more and seem to be constantly running out of data. This sounds to good to be true.
Any one have and current info about this? Or opinions about it?

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
17 REPLIES 17

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:
I have a USB to Mobley power adapter that I have never used because the Mobley I ordered was not shipped by AT&T and during the waiting period I went another direction. I'm now stuck with the Mobley USB adapter and will never use it.

If anyone wants it I will give it to you if you will pay the freight/postage.

PM me if interested and we will work it out. Paypal can be used to send me the shipping costs. If no one wants it I will just throw it away.

Click For Full-Size Image.">Picture

I sure could us it to power from my computer ๐Ÿ˜‰

PM sent. Thanks!

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I have a USB to Mobley power adapter that I have never used because the Mobley I ordered was not shipped by AT&T and during the waiting period I went another direction. I'm now stuck with the Mobley USB adapter and will never use it.

If anyone wants it I will give it to you if you will pay the freight/postage.

PM me if interested and we will work it out. Paypal can be used to send me the shipping costs. If no one wants it I will just throw it away.

Click For Full-Size Image.">Picture
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The very best thing about the Mobley is that you can pull the SIM card and put it in a Netgear MiFi router and you get much better service and a full function MiFi allowing up to 15 devices (instead of 5) to connect and it will broadcast in 2.4G or 5G for a bit faster data transfer.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
EV2 wrote:
lawrosa wrote:
EV2 wrote:
lawrosa wrote:
and it plugs into the cars OBD port.. It needs power and cant be removed or it will not work..

Incorrect. It simply needs 12 volt power source which can be a 12 volt adapter from USB, liter plug or 110.

usb dont power it... its for tethering... you need an power obd adapter

Re-read my post. ADAPTER FROM USB, LITER PLUG OR 110. I have all three. Please do not tell my USB power adapter that it cannot continue to power my Mobley!
And, also incorrect, you cannot tether to a Mobley by USB.

The usb out of the mobley has no power AFAIK, Yes I misread. I thought you said it the other way..

Yes you can tether a modem say from the usb of the mobley.. There is a hidden USB port on the side..

see here 10:50 min mark on tether... Shows usb hidden access door in beginning of vid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czdZ6OrqyeI
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa wrote:
EV2 wrote:
lawrosa wrote:
and it plugs into the cars OBD port.. It needs power and cant be removed or it will not work..

Incorrect. It simply needs 12 volt power source which can be a 12 volt adapter from USB, liter plug or 110.

Re-read my post. ADAPTER FROM USB, LITER PLUG OR 110. I have all three. Please do not tell my USB power adapter that it cannot continue to power my Mobley!
And, also incorrect, you cannot tether to a Mobley by USB.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
USB, 12VDV and 120VAC Mobley power adapters from Amazon
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa wrote:
EV2 wrote:
lawrosa wrote:

Yes, the Mobley can be powered from a USB source by means of a 5-volt to 12-volt adapter feeding an OBD plug. I have one set up that way, and it works fine...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the 120v OBD adapter, it fits a standard 12v cigarette lighter to 12v barrel plug.

Works well in the vehicle if you are using OBD port for something else.

Also nice to get the adapter above all the metal and electrical in the dash to get a better signal.

It doesn't work in a LOT of places, but when it does... ๐Ÿ˜‰

MrWizard
Sad news, the $20 plan is no longer available

Good news is, there are several different power options around for the Mobley
It runs on 12v from the odbii Port,
12v, 120v and USB 5v to 12v converters can be found on eBay
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
EV2 wrote:
lawrosa wrote:

Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
For those of us who grabbed the offer when it was available it's pretty dang awesome. Sorry to say that similar options are available but not at that price.
You got that right.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa wrote:

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer

its 10 bucks for 1 gb and 25 bucks for 5 gb.. no contract plan

Says...

: If you exceed the amount of data included in your plan during your billing period, additional data will automatically be provided in increments of 250MB at $14.99 per 250MB on a 250MB plan or 1GB at $10 per GB on the 3GB and 5GB plans. s. Data allowances, including overages, must be used in billing period provided or will be forfeited.

But also says this... so not sure..

Overage Charges & Data Speeds: No charge for overage. However, after all your high-speed data allotments are used, all data usage is slowed to a max of 128Kbps (2G speed) for the rest of the bill cycle. During that period, you will have basic data use for viewing a web page or checking email. Audio and video streaming, as well as other data usage, including usage of data that is sponsored, will be impacted and may not be fully functional. See att.com/broadbandinfo for more details.
Mike L ... N.J.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those of us who grabbed the offer when it was available it's pretty dang awesome. Sorry to say that similar options are available but not at that price.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?