Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless Bridge to ZTE Mobley ATT Hotspot

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Did not want to hijack the other posting

I have set up the ATT/Mobley hot spot. Very happy. . . . :B

However I need more than 5 devices connected at one time. I have a old Linksys WRT54GX2 SRX200 "speed and range extender". Can I use it as a bridge (?) router (?) to connect to the Mobley? . From my search on DD-WRT this linksys WRT54GX2 version can not be DD-WRT.

If the answer is yes, can you post a link to how to. I know a little about computers but not about networks.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
12 REPLIES 12

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Been FT in the rig for over 2 years, been using the Peplink Surf SOHO. Sub on the back of the wireless access point. Cam connect to wan, e.g. cable modem, will connect to a wifi AP and USB port on rear. I have Verizon data modem that I use for my internet. External cellular antenna on cap. Also has 4 gigabit ports on back.
Works like a charm. Bought all HW from 3g store dot com.
Check it out.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a linksys WGA-54G (Wireless game adapter) Though this unit is no longer made there are others like it.. I like to call it a Wi-Fi "modem" because it connects to the park's Wi-Fi, and the "Local" side is a standard RJ connector (What is it RJ-11) that takes a Cat-5 to my house router..... WHich is currently a Belkin... DO not buy a Belkin...

I have a Linksys I need to set up to replace it.

That should work for you

Also a Wi-Fi Ranger.. the latter has additional advantages.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
One of these will do the job. Only $15 right now.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Sorry double posting
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
MrWizard wrote:
I don't know the specifics
But members over on HoFo are doing it this way via USB network cable
There is a micro USB port on the side of the Mobley
Has a little rubber covert over it, same texture as the case body
Plug in to that, and plug the other standard USB end into the back of router, If it has a USB port
In many instances the router will find the Mobley and auto configure is connection
You connect to the router Wi-Fi
I think there was a picture posted over in the main thread, I know I saw pictures in the Howard forums thread (HoFo)

After breaking a fingernail, I found the Mobley USB connection. The problem is the Liksys WRT54 router does NOT have a USB connection.

Travel Photos

MrWizard
Btw wasn't it You who asked about a travel Wi-Fi extender
There was that $30 one on Amazon iirc

One of those will do what you want if you can't get this one working
The way you want
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard
I don't know the specifics
But members over on HoFo are doing it this way via USB network cable
There is a micro USB port on the side of the Mobley
Has a little rubber covert over it, same texture as the case body
Plug in to that, and plug the other standard USB end into the back of router, If it has a USB port
In many instances the router will find the Mobley and auto configure is connection
You connect to the router Wi-Fi
I think there was a picture posted over in the main thread, I know I saw pictures in the Howard forums thread (HoFo)
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Use a router that has a feature called "WiFi as WAN" and put it right next to the Mobley. It will pick up the Mobley's WiFi signal and redistribute it to as many devices as you need.

Examples are WiFi Ranger's GoAC or Pepwave's SoHo. Several of the Cradlepoint models also have this feature.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Toddupton wrote:
TenOC wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
My phone has the ability to select the number of devices it can connect to. You might first look at the device setup and see if has that option.

I do not have a smart phone. Only a "talk" phone.

He is not talking about the phone he is referring to the settings on the hotspot and see if you can add more than 5

No the Mobley hot spot is limited to only 5 devices.

Travel Photos

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
My phone has the ability to select the number of devices it can connect to. You might first look at the device setup and see if has that option.

He is not talking about the phone he is referring to the settings on the hotspot and see if you can add more than 5

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
donn0128 wrote:

Travel Photos

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II