cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

And this is the Microsoft you want to just

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
go into your computer and install any old thing the want when ever they want? How many of the new Windows 10 updates have messed up people's computers - half of them? At least previously you could wait a month after an update was released before you installed it to see if it was going to cause problems and they had to retract it. Now, with even Windows 7 you'll have no options, MS will automatically download updates if you don't turn them off. I have turned all up updates off on my Windows 7 desktop.

It looks like I'll have to live with them on the Windows 10 laptop because there's no way to stop the updates yet. Actually I am stopping them because I haven't turned it on in a couple of months....

More problems with Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.
19 REPLIES 19

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My latest WIN 10 updates all came on August 8 2016. I don't see anything here related to the WIN10 Anniversary Update...

I was told I would have to Microsoft and download it myself if I wanted to have it...

How can I tell if I have it or not??? Can you give me the KB number of the WIN 10 Anniversary Update.

AS far as I know all is running fine here. I am running WIN 10 in WIN 7 mode with ICONs down the left side of the main screen with task bar on the botton. The main screen is running several of my Night Scenes in screensaver mode.

Never wanted to have a screen full of active small window tabs of all my programs. I only load up the ones I normally use at startup using bookmarks just like I did in the WIN7 and WIN8.1 days

Everyone that walks in says I thought you changed over to WIn 10 haha

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
If you are on a laptop and use wifi just set your wifi connection to "Metered" and no updates will be done until you authorize them. Easy to do. When the big one year anniversary of W10 came out recently I held off with the install since it was approx 3.5 gb download. I went to a public free wifi and d/l it there.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
You can take full control of windows 10 update options in several ways, easiest it to use the windows policy editor to enable all of the same options you had back in windows 7 or simply disable update service.

Here's one set of instructions, I haven't tested this specific sites instructions as I created .reg files to setup my machines:

http://mspoweruser.com/turn-off-windows-update-windows-10/
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your preachin' to a crowd of update zombies on this forum..

Folks now days are completely oblivious to losing control of privacy, data and now what someone else allows to exist on the PC they paid for..

I am still running XP, have a couple of "sevens" which I disabled windows update the moment they started forcing and coercing people with the 10 nagware updates..

No plans to dump 10 on anything of mine until some third party folks get the #10 monster under control.. Someone WILL figure away to bullet proof it from the heavy handed forced everything for your own good nannies..

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
X2
I just can not have an update screw everything up. I have a LOT of old software programs and when you allow an update that's when everything crashes. THEY assume you are running everything new and IMHO JMHO these new updates do not address older versions of stuff on your computer.

I keep every and all things that say 'auto' update. SHUT OFF. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.