cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another Dish ??

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
Continuing from my last question: We have gotten switched over from DTV to dish at the house. So far so good. I found a satellite the same as the one that they put on my house and I will use that one with the kitchen TV and Wally receiver when I travel into the wilds with a tripod. The dish is a Dish HD, I believe a 1000.2 or close. It has no coax to it but I have some I can use, including the one that was on the DTV dish that I had used until now. I found a good set of instructions to setting it up with, the three LNB's and all. It was talking about using a dpp44 switch to hook to the three coax from the LNB. They are a little spendy. My question is , when I looked up what programs come in on what satellite most all come in on 119 with some on 110, 129 seems worthless. Could I just hook up the one 119 LNB and work with that, or, could I use a reverse coax splitter, two in and one out to hook up 119 and 110? I am trying to make this as simple as possible. Thanks.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'
15 REPLIES 15

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
A sock would not block a satellite signal to the LNB. There is really no reason to use any material to cover any LNB. Just point it correctly and life is pretty good.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
Another question, the fellow that I bought the dish from said he put a sock over the nodes that he wasn't using when setting up, and on the instructions that I have found, they said to use aluminum foil. The socks would be handy to keep in the box, are they adequate?

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Here's a good explanation with photos of the differences between the Dish 1000.2 and 1000.4 dishes.

1000.2 vs 1000.4 Satellite Dishes

Note that either one can be equipped for either arc, something that can be very useful on sites with lots of trees.

Thanks for the pictures, from that it appears to be the 1000.2. I will add those instructions to what I have when I tackle sighting it in. Now I need a sixty degree day to get out and play. Thanks.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Correct. The dish is the same. The LNBs are different.

I do have a switch on mine. Two cables from the LNB go to it and one from it to the sat box.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's a good explanation with photos of the differences between the Dish 1000.2 and 1000.4 dishes.

1000.2 vs 1000.4 Satellite Dishes

Note that either one can be equipped for either arc, something that can be very useful on sites with lots of trees.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
It is a 1000.2. My dish programming comes out of Medford also.
cpaulsen

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
mike-uswest wrote:
Continuing from my last question: We have gotten switched over from DTV to dish at the house. So far so good. I found a satellite the same as the one that they put on my house and I will use that one with the kitchen TV and Wally receiver when I travel into the wilds with a tripod. The dish is a Dish HD, I believe a 1000.2 or close. It has no coax to it but I have some I can use, including the one that was on the DTV dish that I had used until now. I found a good set of instructions to setting it up with, the three LNB's and all. It was talking about using a dpp44 switch to hook to the three coax from the LNB. They are a little spendy. My question is , when I looked up what programs come in on what satellite most all come in on 119 with some on 110, 129 seems worthless. Could I just hook up the one 119 LNB and work with that, or, could I use a reverse coax splitter, two in and one out to hook up 119 and 110? I am trying to make this as simple as possible. Thanks.
Mike

1000.2 or close is not a "thing". It is either a 1000.2 antenna (not satellite) which receives the Western Arc satellites (110, 119 and 129) or it is a 1000.4 antenna which receives the Eastern Arc satellites (61.5, 72.7 and 77). Neither of these should require you to install any kind of a switch as the switch is internal to the LNB setup. You can never use any kind of a standard splitter to do anything with satellite TV signals. It's not hard to get the 3 LNB antenna pointed (after the first 5-10 setups are out of the way) but there is a steep learning curve. Just be patient and you will figure it out.

I don't know what number it is, it is a black dish with red and white lettering. I would think it is the 1000.2, being from Oregon. It says Dish HD. Maybe you can tell me. I can't seem to find numbers on any of this stuff. Thanks.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
mike-uswest wrote:
Mike

1000.2 or close is not a "thing". It is either a 1000.2 antenna (not satellite) which receives the Western Arc satellites (110, 119 and 129) or it is a 1000.4 antenna which receives the Eastern Arc satellites (61.5, 72.7 and 77). Neither of these should require you to install any kind of a switch as the switch is internal to the LNB setup. You can never use any kind of a standard splitter to do anything with satellite TV signals. It's not hard to get the 3 LNB antenna pointed (after the first 5-10 setups are out of the way) but there is a steep learning curve. Just be patient and you will figure it out.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the answers. That clears up more of the chore. Now I just have to learn how to tune it in. I need to try it here at home when it warms up.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
mike-uswest wrote:
We have gotten switched over from DTV to dish at the house. I found a satellite the same as the one that they put on my house and I will use that one with the kitchen TV and Wally receiver when I travel into the wilds with a tripod. The dish is a Dish HD, I believe a 1000.2 or close. It has no coax to it but I have some I can use, including the one that was on the DTV dish that I had used until now. I found a good set of instructions to setting it up with, the three LNB's and all. It was talking about using a dpp44 switch to hook to the three coax from the LNB. My question is , when I looked up what programs come in on what satellite most all come in on 119 with some on 110, 129 seems worthless. Could I just hook up the one 119 LNB and work with that, or, could I use a reverse coax splitter, two in and one out to hook up 119 and 110? I am trying to make this as simple as possible.

You're putting the cart before the horse.

What switch (DPP44, DPP31, Solo Node, etc) you use -- if any -- depends on what receiver(s) you're using.

For example, if you're just using a single Wally, you only need 1 coax. If you had 3 Wallys, then you would need 3 coax runs from your dish.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
wingsfan20 wrote:
All HD locals are on 129.

Not true. Though OP get his locals out of Medford, OR which uses sat 129, this is not the case for all DISH locals.

Just check The List.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
X4
Bill and Joey the dog

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You dont need the DP 44; a sw-21 ( I think) will work for under $15. My installer gave me one. Its got two inputs, one output.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I have a 1000.2 in addition to our Tailgater. When I use the 1000.2 I get all 3 sats without any additional switch.