Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG
36 REPLIES 36

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Having worked retail and witnessed people who arrive moments before closing and think they can just take their time shopping because the employees will just hang around until they are done, I am not convinced this is the fault of CW.

Where were these customers? Did they go inside an RV and hang out thinking employees would check every single one for them? Did they just ignore a comment by the employee who took them to the lot and warned them they had just 30 minutes before closing? Were they just oblivious to what was going on around them?

So much unanswered to arbitrarily blame CW for it.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
To CW's credit, stranding customers is very easy to do since potential customers are often inside RV's that they are considering buying when its closing time. The Mesa lot is a good sized lot. It's normal for customers cars to be parked inside the perimeter fence (outside) after hours.

It couldn't hurt if the customers became aware of store hours in advance of their visit. If CW had an intercom on the property and announced the store closing time in advance, . . . . . . problem solved.

That said, the Albuquerque CW almost locked my RV inside their shop up on the rack leaving me stranded, knowing that it was promised that day and that I was waiting (all day) for it in the customer lounge. Luckily I know the sound of closing roll up bay doors and I wasn't afraid to sound off.

Chum lee

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I was robbed at a Walmart. Did NOT call Walmart but complained on Facebook. Could NOT figure out why I did not receive the response I expected to hear from Walmart and the Police:h. Jeeeez, they complained on Facebook, but did not call the CW and talk to the manager. Sorry, both CW and the customers have equal blame. CW for locking them in and the customers for NOT just calling CW and getting a proper response and an apology. Doug

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
A Star Trek Next Generation episode: "Q" (remember him), challenged Captain Picard with 3 wishes. One of those wishes Picard asked for a perfect world where everyone existed together in harmony. A world with no fighting or discord. A world of no jealousy, a world of peace.

"Q" obliged Captian Picard's wish and "presto!" Captain Picard found himself completely alone on a city street. He looked for other people and soon discovered he was the ONLY person there.

"Q" was quick to tell Picard he got his wish! Kind of true when you think about it.

No matter what happens, no matter what's done, no matter how perfect a place exists, no matter how much wealth, or ease of living, or comfort there is, SOMEONE is STILL going to complain about how everything is against THEM!

I'm 100% sure Camping World deliberately locked this family inside the fence! (yea, sure!) :S

If it were me, I'd find a comfortable camper and just spend the night!

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is funny there....
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
As word of their pricing and policies spread, CW researches new practises for keeping customers in their stores. :B

It's called Customer Retention. ๐Ÿ™‚

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
As word of their pricing and policies spread, CW researches new practises for keeping customers in their stores. :B