cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Asus - Transformer T100 - 64GB

dontexas
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone out there use one of these neat laptop/tablet devices ?

Have used laptops and tablets for years and am thinking of getting one of these to replace all my stuff except my phone. I am your typical user - email/facebook/web crawling/taxes and such tasks. Not a big time gamer.

This looks good to me and I have read reviews but have not heard from a real live user.....
Don & Donna Myers
2012 Nomad Joey 260
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
8 REPLIES 8

dontexas
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info strollin and BillyW.
Don & Donna Myers
2012 Nomad Joey 260

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
We have a few of the T100s in the office now. They are very popular. They behave just like a laptop when you need them to. A nice point is that you don't need to prop the display up, the hinge takes care of that. It's easy to use, blending touchscreen with keyboard mousepad. I have one, but it's been loaned out since I got it, so I can't really comment too much at the personal level.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

strollin
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have the Transformer T100 but I do have a Dell Venue 8 which is very similar and uses the same quad core Atom processor. The Venue 8 doesn't have a docking keyboard but uses a separate Bluetooth keyboard.

These are neat devices that can run pretty much any Windows software other than graphics or cpu intensive games and such.

The MS Office Home & Student software includes full versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. These aren't reduced functionality versions like Office Starter nor are they trial versions.

Even with the 64GB version, there isn't much storage space left on the device, about 1/2 of the ssd is used by the OS and included software. ASUS does give you some Cloud storage space free for 1 year but after that you have to pay for it. On my Venue 8, I have a 128GB micro SD card installed which, combined with what's left on my 64GB ssd, gives me sufficient storage for my needs.

The quad core Atom processor is much more powerful than the Atom processor's that were commonly used in netbooks.

These devices only include a single micro usb port that's used for both charging and connecting USB devices. I have used my Venue 8 connected with a USB hub to attach a large screen monitor, keyboard, mouse, external storage and ethernet adapter while also charging it. Setup with a full-sized keyboard, mouse and monitor, the Venue 8 works great as an everyday machine for "email/facebook/web crawling/taxes and such tasks". I would expect the same of the T100.
Me, her, 2 boys & 2 girls
'05 Chevy 2500HD LT 4x4, D/A
Reese Dual Cam HP
'04 Wilderness Advantage 290FLS
Twin Honda 2000s

"I'd rather wear out than rust out!"

See our pics here

dontexas
Explorer
Explorer
Bump................ Any other users out there ???
Don & Donna Myers
2012 Nomad Joey 260

dontexas
Explorer
Explorer
OP here. There has been a lot of views on this topic but have had no definitive response. Any other users like Jack Mayer out there that can share some real world experience ? Thanks....
Don & Donna Myers
2012 Nomad Joey 260

dontexas
Explorer
Explorer
Jack, fill me in on what you can't do on this device.....

RC.... that one is a bit pricy for me but looks good...
Don & Donna Myers
2012 Nomad Joey 260

rcmiller32
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the lenova Yoga. It is light weight, is thin, has a real key board.
2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP
2016 Ford C-Max Energi
Member FROG, FMCA, Life Member Good Sam Club, Member Coachmen Owners Association

Jack_Mayer
Explorer
Explorer
I have that exact model.I like it a lot, but it does depend on what you expect to do with it....
Jack & Danielle Mayer NO PMs Please - Email
2009 Volvo 780, 535hp/1850 tq, Herrin Smart car hauler bed
2015 44.5' New Horizons Majestic

HDT and Solar RV Info