Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
Long time lurker first time poster here

I found out about this a few months ago as I had AT&T phones on the unlimited plan at the time and added it. It works great, the thing is now they offer a stand alone plan for $20 also so anyone can get it. You can get all the details on this cellular forum. Just thought I would pass along.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!

(update.... most details are now in this thread so just keep reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Device is called a ZTE Mobley and its designed for cars, but can be used anywhere with an adapter, also AT&T seems to never slow your data no matter how much you use.

Adapters can be purchased:
Amazon, some are even prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZYF8V?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07144ZVRP?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Ebay sells them also though some of the newer sellers look sketchy

These are the 2 original sellers and a known to be good.

EBAY liNK

EBAY Link 2

AT&T connected car # 1-866-595-1250

Now $20 unlimited plan is available online

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

UPDATE: 5/27/17
ZTE mobley appears to finally be back in stock on AT&T website.
846 REPLIES 846

MrWizard
Won't work, not designed to work as a USB tethered modem
It will connect to certain (Not Every) router, for networking
The router has to meet certain protocol
There has been some discussion over on Howard forums aka HoFo, about this
And ร  couple of comments in this thread
It is designed to hide under the dash of your car and give your car Wi-Fi
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
garry1p wrote:
Anyone have any idea of where I can download a USB driver for the Mobility?

Google or ZTE site not much help lots of drivers but none for Mobility I was going to download a cell phone USB driver but don't know.

I would like to connect to USB port the computer sees it but says no driver for ZTE Mobility.

AT&T/ZTE never intended the Mobley to be used for tethering, so I'm not surprised they keep any drivers restricted. It'll be interesting to see if you or anyone else turns up one that works though. Let us know how you make out...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
garry1p wrote:

Google or ZTE site not much help lots of drivers but none for Mobility I was going to download a cell phone USB driver but don't know.

I would like to connect to USB port the computer sees it but says no driver for ZTE Mobility.

Since the Mobley was not designed to be used like this . . . I would be very surprised if either AT&T or ZTE would have a driver.

garry1p
Explorer
Explorer

Garry1p

1990 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL
454 on P-30 Chassis
1999 Jeep Cherokee sport

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
I took my friend to the AT&T authorized dealer in Flagstaff Saturday to order his. They told him it would be in early July. He had a email it had been shipped the next day and it is sitting in the store waiting to be picked up today.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine at Best Buy and added it to my existing account for the 2 year contract. The $45 activation fee was waived when I asked about it.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
I bought mine from Best buy online
Went to the store, att guy's had never heard of it
Called att while i was in the store
New customer credit check etc..
About 35 minutes out the door with a working Mobley
Yes i paid the $25 activation fee
$20 per month data plan, i did not quibble or worry about the activation fee

Turns out the easiest part has been getting the activation fee waived.
Chatted with a rep. Told them about the ridiculous run around we've had. 10 mins later, fee waived.

Also, since getting the mobley up and running, we decided to order another through ATT, online. Added it to our account. 2 days later, "order cancelled. Unable to verify ID". Reordered, same thing 2 days later. Contact ATT. Spoke with six different people, not including calling a store. Nobody knew anything. Literally, not a single person could help us. Wife decided to use her corporate discount ID# this time. So, reordered a 3rd time and now have a FedEx tracking #. Took almost a week to get this second one. I've spent more time on the phone with these people than I care to remember. Unreal. They should be paying ME.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
And there it is! I love it when folks say "That's right, Bill".
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
And that was what the fine print said when I signed up. Buy the Mobley outright no fee, getting it free on a 2 year contract had a fee .

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I only requested the activation fee waiver because I was told they would waive the activation fee. I just forgot to mention it as we got everything setup. I called back the next day and they followed through with their promise. I suspect that this was due to paying $99 for the unit whereas I would expect the free unit with 2 year contract to have an activation fee. Just my take on it.

That's right, Bill. The paid Mobley carries no activation fee, and the contract Mobley has a $45 activation fee. When I activated my paid Mobley, the CSR told me he was waiving the activation charge as if he was doing me a favor. I just thanked him. I didn't think there was anything to be gained by pointing out the fine print on the Mobley web page where it said there was no charge. The activation fee never showed up on my bill.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I only requested the activation fee waiver because I was told they would waive the activation fee. I just forgot to mention it as we got everything setup. I called back the next day and they followed through with their promise. I suspect that this was due to paying $99 for the unit whereas I would expect the free unit with 2 year contract to have an activation fee. Just my take on it.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
Got mine rolling today!!! Seems like decent speeds so far. It did take me an hour in a store today after two different non English speaking customer service agents couldn't figure it out yesterday.

MrWizard
I bought mine from Best buy online
Went to the store, att guy's had never heard of it
Called att while i was in the store
New customer credit check etc..
About 35 minutes out the door with a working Mobley
Yes i paid the $25 activation fee
$20 per month data plan, i did not quibble or worry about the activation fee
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine in 24 hours via Fed-Ex and had my AT&T payment website set up before it arrived. I was advised to do this via email. I had ordered via AT&T online. I am a new customer except for DirecTV since 1998. I activated it in 5 minutes. I cannot fathom these problems I am reading here. I was charged a fee, I cannot remember how much $, but it was so easy for a free Mobley I figured the price was fantastic.

Good luck with yours folks. It is worth every penny.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered a Mobley from AT&T's web site as an add-on to my wife's line. Activation fee was waived right then and there. Unlimited Data for $20/mo and FREE with 2yr agreement. total cost today = $5.40 tax.

Checkout said it will ship out on Thursday. We'll see!
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King