Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
Long time lurker first time poster here

I found out about this a few months ago as I had AT&T phones on the unlimited plan at the time and added it. It works great, the thing is now they offer a stand alone plan for $20 also so anyone can get it. You can get all the details on this cellular forum. Just thought I would pass along.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!

(update.... most details are now in this thread so just keep reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Device is called a ZTE Mobley and its designed for cars, but can be used anywhere with an adapter, also AT&T seems to never slow your data no matter how much you use.

Adapters can be purchased:
Amazon, some are even prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZYF8V?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07144ZVRP?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Ebay sells them also though some of the newer sellers look sketchy

These are the 2 original sellers and a known to be good.

EBAY liNK

EBAY Link 2

AT&T connected car # 1-866-595-1250

Now $20 unlimited plan is available online

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

UPDATE: 5/27/17
ZTE mobley appears to finally be back in stock on AT&T website.
846 REPLIES 846

MrWizard
it was not intended to be used the way we are using it
Not intended to be full time internet
That is point people are trying to make

Yes we are only part of the market, but a growing share
I use mine to augment my vzw account, by alternating Daily use between them and/0r using the one with the best signal delivery speed
This way I have reduced the load on my old grandfathered vzw unlimited plan
Someday this plan will disappear and it too will become legend of the old grandfathered users
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Concur with you, Capt Bill.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
Heisenberg wrote:
Time and time again we have used our 3G and onward devices via tethering or mobile hotspot and the providers have initiated data limits and price increases. The design of the Mobley tells us that they did not intend for us to use 300 gigabytes a month with it as it would be in a car. I would like to have this device at this price for as long as possible. It was brought up that one RVer would share his bandwidth when asked by fellow campers. If we pump too much water out of the well it will dry up. I use mine at home and on the road. However I stream videos at home with a plan designed for that. If I wanted to stream on the road I would hope this service would survive for me to use when I need to.

RV internet has really been hard to come by inexpensively. This device is inexpensive and high quality. If AT&T cannot make a profit with Mobley something will change.

I agree Heisenberg, the Mobley/car connect deal is too good to be true. Unfortunately, people will ruin it. Too many people cannot or will not self regulate.

I am thrilled to have an opportunity to have AFFORDABLE internet while on the road instead of $15 per GB. It is sad to know that it won't last.

I did note that in the fine print it does read that after 22 GB they have the right to throttle the speed. You would think folks would be motivated to preserve such a good thing and not push it. But no...

This time it is Breaking Good...
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. I also do not appreciate anyone going hog wild and ruining an affordable option for mobile internet. Why would anyone want to do that?

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Time and time again we have used our 3G and onward devices via tethering or mobile hotspot and the providers have initiated data limits and price increases. The design of the Mobley tells us that they did not intend for us to use 300 gigabytes a month with it as it would be in a car. I would like to have this device at this price for as long as possible. It was brought up that one RVer would share his bandwidth when asked by fellow campers. If we pump too much water out of the well it will dry up. I use mine at home and on the road. However I stream videos at home with a plan designed for that. If I wanted to stream on the road I would hope this service would survive for me to use when I need to.

RV internet has really been hard to come by inexpensively. This device is inexpensive and high quality. If AT&T cannot make a profit with Mobley something will change.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What the hell did I say? I love the Mobley! Use it at home, use it on the road, use it where ever you are! Use it! For $20/month, why would you NOT use it?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Heisenberg wrote:
Bill S. is absolutely correct. This wonderful device should not be used as your home service either. I have tried to keep my data down for when I really need it.
Wow, for a moment I thought it was April 1st! :B

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Bill S. is absolutely correct. This wonderful device should not be used as your home service either. I have tried to keep my data down for when I really need it.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Bill_S_1
Explorer
Explorer
ralphnjoann wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
While setting up the bridge, I got thinking, why not defeat the 5 device limit and share the internet when out in the MH. So off to the Internet again to see how to set up a repeater. For those unfamiliar with the WRT54G router, it has a 12 volt wall wart. So it can be powered by the MHs 12 volt system. After making a few "fat finger" mistakes, I got the repeater working also. One caveat to using a wireless repeater is the reduction in speed by about ยฝ. I do have the WRT54G set up with an outside antenna and the router power turned up from 23mW to 71mW.
If you're out camping and see "95bounder" as a SSID, come knock on my door and I'll share the internet with you, at ยฝ speed.;)
Thanks for the information. It gave me the idea to drag out my old Linksys WRT54GL "JefaTech-converted-to-repeater" router to see if I could make it work. After a firmware update, I was connected to the Mobley in less than a minute.

This is exactly the kind of irresponsible generosity that will kill the Mobley unlimited data and or double the monthly cost.

While I can appreciate your kindness, I don't think that this kind of play was intended, and there may be verbage in the terms of agreement, prohibiting this kind of behavior.
Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
SparkDr wrote:
vermilye wrote:
NY has more "fees" than some states - $28.04 per month final cost.

There must be something else in play here....maybe local taxes? I'm in the Lake George area of NY and pay $22.01.
I guess I'll have to wait for my first bill to see the actual amount - the $28.04 was what the AT&T rep gave me as the monthly price, but my first bill has not shown up at the AT&T website. I do know Oswego county adds a 911 fee to almost all phone bills...

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
NY has more "fees" than some states - $28.04 per month final cost.

There must be something else in play here....maybe local taxes? I'm in the Lake George area of NY and pay $22.01.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Finally have it up and running. Emailed the seller and he responded with some instructions on how to configure the mobley. Seems my unit came from a Canadian company and was configured for Cingular, not AT&T. Once the configuration was changed it connected and is working fine. Will be on the road for a couple of weeks so see how it works.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
I eventually took it to our local AT&T store, they replaced the SIM & within 5 minutes I was up & running.

Do yourself favor and follow up on your account. When I set up my online account to make my monthly payments I found not only had they set up my Mobley, they had also set me up with another line for a cellphone. Had to call and have that deleted.

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
JJnLilly wrote:
Received the Mobley on Friday and contacted ATT Saturday. They shipped me a SIM and today put it in and tried to activate. Spent over four hours between AT&T and ZTE and no connection. AT&T says it is ZTE and says it is ZTE. About to give up.

If that doesn't sound exactly like my experience, except it took me a week before I could finally get it working.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Saving a bit of money with the billing in TX. $22.08 per month.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?