cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Audiobooks and ScanDisk Clip+

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Today I received my Clip+. I notice that the original firmware has the option to "play all" tracks in a folder. I installed Rockbox. I can not find a play all option. Some of my audiobooks have 100's of "tracks" which are only a few minuets long. I would like for the Clip+ to play all of a audiobook without me needing to select each track.

Suggestions are welcome.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
1 REPLY 1

quartzster
Explorer
Explorer
You don't need a play all option...Rockbox will play all of the 100's of tracks one after the other. I presume you have all of the 100's of tracks for a particular audiobook in a folder? The order in which the audio files are played is contained in the file itself by numbering the track, and that has nothing to do with Rockbox.

If you wish there are a miriad of programs that will allow you to create a playlist and Rockbox will play the playlist. Personally I have never found the need to do that and I have listened to many many audiobooks.

Just go into the settings for Rockbox on the clip+, you have many more options to have things the way you like than the original firmware. I especially like my ability to select the way I get to save and control my bookmarks. You can add different themes, change fonts etc. I would suggest you do some reading about Rockbox.

http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-sansaclipplus.pdf

TenOC wrote:
Today I received my Clip+. I notice that the original firmware has the option to "play all" tracks in a folder. I installed Rockbox. I can not find a play all option. Some of my audiobooks have 100's of "tracks" which are only a few minuets long. I would like for the Clip+ to play all of a audiobook without me needing to select each track.

Suggestions are welcome.