cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bose radio in motorhome

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
The radio/CD/cassette player in the motor home no longer works, it was not very good anyway.

We rarely used the CD or the cassette player since most music comes from an mp3 source or streaming such as Pandora etc.

I was thinking about just getting a Bose radio with the blue tooth option to set on the dash. It would provide me the AM, FM, Blue tooth, aux input, and the portability to move it outside or elsewhere in the motor home on occasion. It could easily be powered by a small inverter while on the road.

Anyone ever tried this? Please share your thoughts, pro or con on this idea.

Opinions on a Bose radio in general are welcome too! I have never owned one, what's your experience?
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis
7 REPLIES 7

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
We like our JBL Charge. Fantastic sound in a small package and if you need to charge your phone or whatever... it comes in handy. Under $150. I think we paid $130 for it several months back. Well pleased.
Kathy

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Bose II. paid $299 two years ago. We use it in the camper and when we go to the beach. Love the sound and portability.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
sch911 wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
You cant beat that Bose sound!!!

IMHO: Yes you can, and at a better price point also...

Care to back that up with specifics?

I have to agree with Icabod, when it comes to quality sound I have yet to see any product that beats the Bose for quality sound/bang for the buck.. You can spend and will get, less for your buck than Bose but why would you want to? :h

We own two Bose Wave radios with the the built in CD player, one is 23 years old the other 25+ and they both sound as good as the day we bought them. I run the audio output from our HD TV and the CD player out through the Bose providing incredible quality sound without the the hassle of wired speakers. My Bose noise canceling headphones are by far the finest I have ever heard. Yes, they are pricey but you definitely get what you pay for.

As always... Opinions and YMMV.

:C

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:

Can you elaborate a little? That would help much more than just your comment.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use one of THESE From Bose.

Very portable, inside or out I can play everything I want thru any Bluetooth device.

It has a Lithium-ion battery and provides up to 7 hours of playing time.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

helperzack
Explorer
Explorer
That's exactly what we do. Our Bose Wave sits on the dash and you have a remove to operate it. Sounds better than the dash radio anyway. If it's cd's that the kids want to listen to while on the road, I use the Aux jack and run it through the dash radio and put it on the back speakers. It goes into the house with us when we are at home.

DW and I sing with the praise band at our church so lots of times when on the road we are singing away with instrumental cd's on our Bose.

We love our Bose. Good quality stuff. We even use their ear buds for when we sing at church.

Oh almost forgot. Check out their outlet stores. A bit of a discount.
Coachmen Mirada 310DS named "The Corporate Headquarters."
When camping I just tell clients that I am working at "Corporate Headquarters"