cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cable TV Scanning

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
2 TV's, one in living room and one in bedroom.
Scan the living room TV on cable an it pick's up all 50 channels on the park cable system. (Optel) When I scan the bedroom TV on cable it will not pick up the local CBS,NBC,ABC, etc. It will not pick up channel 2 thru 7 for some reason, but picks up the other 43 channels. The power antenna button is not pushed and the TV scan is on cable.
If I run the cable directly to the TV thru the front door it will scan all 50 channels fine. Then back thru the cable into the 5er it does not hold the scan and does not show the low channels.
This did the same thing with my old 5er, and now I have a new 2020 5er and the same thing..
Any idea's out there??
Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you can find the splitters then just bypass them as a test.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
OK... CA, I will try the test. I assume the barrel connector is just a standard connector I used to add length to go from the park pedestal thru the front door to the BR TV. I assume this will work, and will re scan, but the TV will probably not keep the scan and keep the channels.
If the OTA splitter is not compatible, if I can dig thru the massive spider web of wire & cable and hydraulic lines & piping behind the wall behind where all this comes in and can find the OTA splitter do you know what kind of splitter I need to get to replace the OTA???
Thanks for your help....

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
The RV uses OTA splitters which are not compatible with park cable or possibly the coax is not compatible as a guess.

For a test run temp coax from the LR TV using a barrel connector to the BR TV.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob