cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camera Suggestions

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a mid-priced camera that has a viewfinder that can be seen while taking a photo in sunlight. A small one, like in the older cameras, would seem most likely to work, but have not seen any like that. Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Panasonic Lumix ZS40 that has an eye level viewfinder and a 30X zoom.

Here's a newer version available on Amazon:
Panasonic Lumix ZS50

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
You might look at the Canon PowerShot G16. I have the older G12 version, but they have a viewfinder in addition to an LCD monitor. It's a rather hefty "pocket camera" and often carried by professionals when they don't want to carry a much larger and heavier DSLR kit. On Amazon, they're less than $500.

Rob

I have a much older Canon Powershot G7 and it is a great carry around camera.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
And, do you want a camera with changeable lens or is built in zoom and digital magnification good enough?

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might look at the Canon PowerShot G16. I have the older G12 version, but they have a viewfinder in addition to an LCD monitor. It's a rather hefty "pocket camera" and often carried by professionals when they don't want to carry a much larger and heavier DSLR kit. On Amazon, they're less than $500.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
what is your definition of 'mid-priced'?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle