cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Capitalism at its best.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I needed a new head on my Reese Pro15 hitch. Your Raleigh dealer had one in stock but did not know the price. The PM told the counter person to call Reese for a price. He called as I was standing directly in front of him on the other side of the counter. I overhead his conversation with Reese. They gave him a price of $321. I thought even with a mark up a reasonable price. He wrote the price down right in front of me! He excused himself to speak to the PM. The Parts Manager came to the counter and informed me that my cost for the part would be $500.
I thanked him and left, never to return again.
I bought one from eTrailer for $157 + $42 shipping.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo
20 REPLIES 20

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
I have found Camping World to almost always be the most expensive.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like CW incompetence more than capitalism. It sure sounds like they called Reese and received the MSRP for the entire hitch,not just the head, then added about 50+% for profit. Probably didn't have a clue what they were pricing lol.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
amxpress wrote:
I bought one from eTrailer for $157 + $42 shipping.

Capitalism at it's best, and the best deal for you.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Capitalism is the best system around. But just as merchants have the right to set their prices where they want, we have the right to shop for better prices. Works for everyone.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Yep capitalism at work.
I am glad you are NOT complaining. The basis of a capitalism IS each entity is free to set their own price and each consumer is free to buy or to reject. There is no other way
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Etrailer and Amazon are excellent. Let the market decide.