cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chromebooks - Needs Dashlane, Other Passwd Pgms??

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
My Dashlane sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, need to restart it often to get it to work, on my PC.

Does using a Chromebook take away any of the password headaches?
5 REPLIES 5

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
SCClockDr wrote:
Still getting along nicely with LastPass, it works across all our platforms.
x2

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't say exactly what problem you're having with Dashlane except that you need to restart it often. Could you be more specific?

We've been using the free version of Dashlane for almost 2 years and have an occasional problem, but nothing consistent or bad enough that I'd consider dumping it or using another browser. I use Firefox and sometimes find that the loading of Firefox and the entry of Dashlane passwords get wound up together and both come to a halt. I expect it has to do with timing of loading the browser and the password manager. When the web page loads fast, not too many problems, when it's slower things will sometimes stop. When this happens I reload the web page and things usually work fine. Just to be clear, I use NONE of what I'd consider the Dashlane bells and whistles, I just use the basic functions. We don't share the passwords across the database and when I transfer my passwords to other machines, I use a thumb drive.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
Still getting along nicely with LastPass, it works across all our platforms.
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

bwanshoom
Explorer
Explorer
Not really. Password headaches are not removed because you use a Chromebook versus a PC or laptop. Good password practices of using a different password per site and using strong, complex passwords have more to do with how easily they're breached on the server side, not the client.
2010 Cougar 322 QBS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LMM CC/SB 4x4 LTZ
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chrome does, don't necessarily need a CB.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman