cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Tailgater

kenbert
Explorer
Explorer
Plan on getting the Tailgater, my question is although it will only operate for one tv, can I get a Hopper or Joey for other tv.

Ken
95 Georgie Boy Encounter 37ft 5.9 cummins DP
01 Saturn SW
5 REPLIES 5

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
ventrman wrote:
Does the Tailgator Antenna mount on a Motorhome?

While the Tailgator is considered a portable antenna, I've seen them mounted in various ways to the top of a ladder on a fiver and mh. I have one for my little trailer and love it. In fact, we're headed out to the boonies today for some trail riding.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

whistlebritches
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Tailgater and like it very much, however, on a recent trip in June to Tennessee, it couldn't find the satellites. Upon returning home, we shipped it back to King Controls, at a cost of $33, due to the size of the box (only weighed 14#) and they found one of the two motors, the Azmith motor had gone out. We paid $350 plus tax for it in Aug. of 2011 and it cost $159 to get it repaired. Not very happy about this. Sure hope it lasts longer this next time.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, it is a portable unit.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
Does the Tailgator Antenna mount on a Motorhome?
God Bless!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could, but you would need to connect the Hopper/Joey to another antenna. The Tailgater will only work with a VIP211K receiver. The Hopper requires a standard household style antenna known as a Dish 1000. (Open face large antenna with 3 LNB's). You will also need to install a Solo Node switch between the antenna and the Hopper/Joey or proper operation.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?