cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dropbox Blues??

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody using Dropbox with Windows...Today I set my Android Samsung S-7 phone so that each time I took a picture, it would sync it to Dropbox... The pictures in my phone were synced ok and I can see them (thumbnails) when I go to Dropbox BUT when I want to do anything with them like view something larger than the thumbnail or delete one of them, I get the message on my screen.. Unable to communicate with the parent window This only happens on my computers using Windows 10.. The Android App in my Galaxy Pad works fine and I am able to do what I want with the Dropbox Photos..Am using Win 10, and Chrome.. Anyone else experienced this? Again I turn to the experts to solve a tech problem... Amazing just how much knowledge is floating among RVers...
9 REPLIES 9

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
JiminDenver wrote:
full signal teat Verizon 3G

Have another drink//// geeeez....

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
full signal teat Verizon 3G
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
DD716TED... Forgot to mention. When you go to a folder in Win 10 that has pictures in it (example your DropBox folder) you can right click on any picture and then click on "Open with" and then click on "Windows Photos Viewer" to view your pics.

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
DD716TED wrote:
sherlock62 wrote:

With Chrome, when you are trying to access DropBox, look at the url, displayed at the top of Chrome and what you probably are seeing is www.dropbox/chooser Remove the word "chooser", and then press the Enter key on your keyboard. DropBox , will open. Now, enter the email address you use with DropBox and your password.

works fine using this method... thanks thanks thanks

DD716TED ... Glad the info provided was helpful. Do know that you don't even have to use a browser like Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, etc. to deal with DropBox files.. IF your computer has DropBox installed on it, all you have to do is go to your folders on your computer and you will find a folder called DropBox with all your synced DropBox files (picture files, etc.) in it. Go HERE and download the installer to install DropBox on your computer. After the DropBox install on your computer, you will be able to take files in and out of the DropBox folder and they will sync with your other DropBox offerings on other devices you DropBox installed on.

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
I have Dropbox set to copy all content to a shared folder on my Win10 Laptop. I go to this folder and everything is auto downloaded to the folder.

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
sherlock62 wrote:
DD716TED wrote:
Anybody using Dropbox with Windows...Today I set my Android Samsung S-7 phone so that each time I took a picture, it would sync it to Dropbox... The pictures in my phone were synced ok and I can see them (thumbnails) when I go to Dropbox BUT when I want to do anything with them like view something larger than the thumbnail or delete one of them, I get the message on my screen.. Unable to communicate with the parent window This only happens on my computers using Windows 10.. The Android App in my Galaxy Pad works fine and I am able to do what I want with the Dropbox Photos..Am using Win 10, and Chrome.. Anyone else experienced this? Again I turn to the experts to solve a tech problem... Amazing just how much knowledge is floating among RVers...

With Chrome, when you are trying to access DropBox, look at the url, displayed at the top of Chrome and what you probably are seeing is www.dropbox/chooser Remove the word "chooser", and then press the Enter key on your keyboard. DropBox , will open. Now, enter the email address you use with DropBox and your password.

works fine using this method... thanks thanks thanks

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
WNYBob wrote:
Mine works fine, although I have filled my quota of free space, and do not want to buy 1 TB for $9.99 per month

It's $99 paid annually, which is 17% less.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
DD716TED wrote:

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Mine works fine, although I have filled my quota of free space, and do not want to buy 1 TB for $9.99 per month