cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electronics repair shop needed

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Help. I have a US Gear "Unified Tow Brake" system and I believe the system "brain" in the tow vehicle has gone belly up.

The Unified Tow Brake system has been out of production for a couple of years and there are no (or very few) replacement parts.

So. . .I'd like to find a shop that can troubleshoot and repair a small electronics device. I think it could be pretty simple for a small shop to understand and repair this thing.
Plus - there are hundreds of them out there and no other resource for getting them working again.

Any leads?
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats
16 REPLIES 16

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
bighatnohorse wrote:
Help. I have a US Gear "Unified Tow Brake" system and I believe the system "brain" in the tow vehicle has gone belly up.

The Unified Tow Brake system has been out of production for a couple of years and there are no (or very few) replacement parts.

So. . .I'd like to find a shop that can troubleshoot and repair a small electronics device. I think it could be pretty simple for a small shop to understand and repair this thing.
Plus - there are hundreds of them out there and no other resource for getting them working again.

Any leads?

did you try contacting US Gear? i have the same brake and was able to buy parts from them 3-4 years ago. the fellow told me he could not sell any new units but he could sell parts until his stock ran out. worth a try.

what's not working?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
youtube
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman