cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Email Addresses

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
When you write and email and you press a key all the addresses starting with that letter appear. How can you edit those addresses that appear.. Is it possible?
37 REPLIES 37

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
Sue, your website is SUPER! The photos, even though I have just started through them are really something. Thanks for sharing. Anyone with an interest in the Yukon should check it out.

Yukon Sights
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
JayGee wrote:
Different version of Outlook i guess. Mine works immediately as advertised. Thanks for the reply.

Works in 2007, 2010 and 2013. I'm still with you on this one.
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
Different version of Outlook i guess. Mine works immediately as advertised. Thanks for the reply.
Jaygee

wittmeba
Explorer
Explorer
JayGee your method works too. You must complete the email (actually sending) before the deletion takes effect. When I tried I created an email, entered my sons name and 2 entries came up. His yahoo account and his cell phone for text. I didnt want to send an email so I deleted the email address and closed the mail. Went back in and it was still there. I actually sent an email to myself (same email) after deleting the delete takes place.
NRA Member & supporter of the 2nd amendment - over 5,000,000 strong

Firefoxยฎ 33

Log home images - Updated 05/19/2013

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
1ed wrote:
wittmeba has the answer... It worked..Thanks for the extra effort..
The RV.Net continues to be a source of information and wonderful help.
Thanks Again

Well, I tried.
Jaygee

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
wittmeba has the answer... It worked..Thanks for the extra effort..
The RV.Net continues to be a source of information and wonderful help.
Thanks Again

wittmeba
Explorer
Explorer
I stand corrected - both ways work ๐Ÿ™‚

Firefoxยฎ 33

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
sue.t wrote:
JayGee wrote:
When they popup, use your arrow key to select the address you do not want, while highlighted, hit your delete key.

This is the right answer. Highlight the one on the list that you want to delete and hit the delete key. Cleans them out of the auto-entry list.

It works.
Jaygee

wittmeba
Explorer
Explorer
1ed wrote:
Thanks for all your efforts however non of the suggestions have corrected the problem..
Some of the email addresses that come up are not even in my address book.

Here is the right answer.

The dropdown list does not look at your contacts list. It only views previously entered email addresses. Dont believe me? Open mail and enter an address from your contacts list rarely or never used. It wont show up.

I just went thru the same thing a week or so ago.

Copy and paste this command into the Start/Run box and hit enter or click OK.

cmd /k reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Recently Used Addresses" /f

http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27105535/gotomsg/27106383.cfm#27106383

Here is the Microsoft statement if you are uncomfortable with mine. ๐Ÿ™‚
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/removing-windows-mail-cont...

The command will delete all the items from the dropdown even ones you may want to keep but there is no other way. You will get the preferred ones back as you use your email.

Trying to delete them in the list does not work.

Firefoxยฎ 33

racerchaser
Explorer
Explorer
If I read you question correctly, when you select a letter such as "F" a number of email addresses appear some of which you do not want to use. Simply put the arrow on the one you want and left click. The rest will disappear. You state some of them you want to "get rid of". I take that to mean you do not want to use them. Some email addresses may appear even though you do not have them in your address book. Just ignore them.
Fox

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
WoodLark wrote:
If you are just saying "How do I pick the address I want from the list?", just use your mouse to highlight the correct address and click the left mouse button.

This is the way you pick from a list of contacts that pops up - just click on the one (or ones) you want then TAB down to the Subj: line.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
1ed wrote:
Some of the email addresses that come up are not even in my address book.
Clean out your browser cache.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
On my PC I am using Thunderbird mail, but this may be of help to you. When I click on "Address Book", a window opens that has two choices...Personal Address Book and Collected Addresses. So what you're asking about would be in my Collected Addresses. I can go to that list and delete to my heart's content.

On my Mac, the email program actually has a menu item called "Previous Recipients" in addition to the Address Book. So it is on that list that I would make deletions.

Try to find a list similar to what I've described and I think that will solve your problem.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
JayGee wrote:
When they popup, use your arrow key to select the address you do not want, while highlighted, hit your delete key.

This is the right answer. Highlight the one on the list that you want to delete and hit the delete key. Cleans them out of the auto-entry list.
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!