cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCEL Pivot Tables

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
I'm hoping there are some EXCEL users out there who can refresh my memory. I am creating a Pivot Table in EXCEL based upon one worksheet full of data. I've done what I want to do before but can't remember how I did it.

For Example - I created a Pivot table in a separate worksheet in the same Workbook as the data that showed data for 100 different people's data. Then I was able to create 100 other Pivot Tables each in a separate worksheet with the worksheet tab name equal to the NAME field.

I can't seem to find the correct term to search for online to solve this riddle. Anyone know what I am looking for? Thank you so much.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited
8 REPLIES 8

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
ChiefUSN wrote:
I believe that your answer may be found here. He explains it better than I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yj1a2VWpQ4

Thank you so much - that is exactly what I was searching for. I knew it was a screwy name but I never would have come up with Show Report Filter Pages. Wouldn't you think that Create would be better than Show? Anyway, thanks again!
Dave & Kathy
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
First of all, I looked at the youtube and that appears to be exactly what you were looking for. Thanks Chief for putting the link out there. Second, I've been using ASAP Utilities for Excel a number of years and it has this and a lot of other tricks. But honestly, I didn't know how to do it the youtube's way and I like that way much better. I'm now changing the way I work. Cool.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

ChiefUSN
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that your answer may be found here. He explains it better than I could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yj1a2VWpQ4

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
hbillsmith wrote:
Sounds like you were using the third party add in ASAP utilities.
Never heard of that - I didn't add any third party software.
Dave & Kathy
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you were using the third party add in ASAP utilities.
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
hbillsmith wrote:
I'll try to answer. I spend most of my days doing nothing but pivot tables. I'm not sure I understand your example though. Assume that with the workbook open, you working in the worksheet/tab that has the master data file. Select the menu option to 'Insert Pivot Table' (that's where it is in the current version of Excel). In older versions, it was under the menu option for Data. Once you find the Insert Pivot Table, you'll see the familiar dialog that let's you put your table to appear in the same worksheet (you don't want that) or to have it be on a new worksheet. Choose new worksheet and it will put the initial pivot on a new tab. Keep going back to the master data and re-running Insert Pivot until you have created as many Pivot tabs as you like. Then one-by-one, go to a Pivot tab, right-click on the tab name and give it whatever name you want. While on the tab, manipulate the pivot fields to get the view you are looking for.
Hopes this helps.

Thanks for responding but I was able to do it with some type of Populate Workbook command last time. Once I enter whatever the command was, it rapidly created 100 new worksheets each with the correct individuals name on the tab. I've tried looking at the EXCEL help files for Pivot Tables but without knowing what they called the command, I'm coming up empty. I understand your posted reply but I simply don't have the time to create 100 individual pivot tables
Dave & Kathy
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
I'll try to answer. I spend most of my days doing nothing but pivot tables. I'm not sure I understand your example though. Assume that with the workbook open, you working in the worksheet/tab that has the master data file. Select the menu option to 'Insert Pivot Table' (that's where it is in the current version of Excel). In older versions, it was under the menu option for Data. Once you find the Insert Pivot Table, you'll see the familiar dialog that let's you put your table to appear in the same worksheet (you don't want that) or to have it be on a new worksheet. Choose new worksheet and it will put the initial pivot on a new tab. Keep going back to the master data and re-running Insert Pivot until you have created as many Pivot tabs as you like. Then one-by-one, go to a Pivot tab, right-click on the tab name and give it whatever name you want. While on the tab, manipulate the pivot fields to get the view you are looking for.
Hopes this helps.
Visited States

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Try the search terms Excel Pivot Table
All kinds of sites come up with how to's