cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fantasy Investment Software ???

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
This may not be RV related, but since I am full time I will ask my RV "friends". I use Quicken to track my daily expenses as well as my investments (IRA, Mutual Funds, Stocks). Quicken works very well. Not perfect, but very good.

I am trying to teach my children and grand-children (total of ๐Ÿ˜Ž to invest for their retirement. So I created a "fantasy investment" game in which they each have $500,000 in PLAY money to invest for 6 months to see who wins. I have created a new Quicken file with a fake brokerage account for each player for this game. Since this is not for real, I manual input the purchases and sells. Each day quicken will evaluate the portfolio. This works well except when there is a dividend.

The problem is that when a company pays a dividend I have to do a LOT of work to post the dividends for each stock/mutual fund. There are about a total of 60 different stock/mutual funds for all 8 players.

Does anyone know of a good website or software package that will track this PLAY money better?. . . :h
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
3 REPLIES 3

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
investopedia
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
At one time I used Motley Fool to set up a profile to track my "dummy" stocks just to see what would have happened if I had actually traded in certain stocks. Not sure if this would help.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bet you could fiddle with Yahoo finance a little and get the result you needed.
It is how I track market items I am interested in
Traveling with my best friend my wife!