cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garmin Dezl 770

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Dezl 770 and would like to load RV 770 software to it. How may this be accomplished?

Thank you
12 REPLIES 12

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Log onto their website....GARMIN EXPRESS...via a device with internet connection. Attach GPS to device with the USB cable that came with the GPS. Download latest updates....search for custom Points of Interest.

On the bottom right corner of the screen when in "routing mode" is three horizontal lines. Touching those lines will bring up a screen that allows more options. Touching the "UP AHEAD" symbol will turn the far right hand side of the directional map screen into 3 upcoming POI's sections. By clicking on any of those 3 sections....you can tell the Garmin what you want to see...CAMPGROUNDS. You can customize your preference (KOA for example), or just have it search for all CG's.

I use my DZL550 (the 770 is way to BIG for ME) to show upcoming truck stops. Top shows my favorite fuel stop, 2nd shows my alternative fuel stop, 3rd POI is set for ANY truck stop.

It is a great feature...you can click on the upcoming point of interest. Receive info about the place, routing options, etc...

Be aware that it will show ENROUTE options...not a stop that is 2 miles out of your route...but if you play with that feature, you can have it find campgrounds near you, or nearest your destination (a feature that allows me to get to the closest truck stop to my drop off point---I love that feature).

You can also play with the foursquare feature, that will clutter the map screen with things you like.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Go to POI Factory and read up on what is available, how to download and install, and how it all works.

Thank you

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go to POI Factory and read up on what is available, how to download and install, and how it all works.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Please, how did you get the information to add and to install on your garmin?

STBRetired wrote:
I have a DEZL760and use the RV setting. Added campgrounds, Walmarts, Attractions, and a bunch of other stuff from POI Factory. I did have to install a 32GB SD card but I think the 770 has more built-in memory.

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
I have a DEZL760and use the RV setting. Added campgrounds, Walmarts, Attractions, and a bunch of other stuff from POI Factory. I did have to install a 32GB SD card but I think the 770 has more built-in memory.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can do that with the POI Factory downloads.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
I would like it to show approaching CG?

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just pick the RV set up put in your height, weight etc. and what you want to avoid etc. You should and a cable to hook up to your computer go to Garmin and look up update for your model GPS RV 770
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Okay, now the big question: "Why?".
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
IOW you want to turn your Dezl into a RV 770? I don't completely understand the question, since I've never heard of such a thing. Or are you simply talking about route avoidances and restrictions?

Yes turn it in to a RV gps

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought it came with the RV software in it, you just have to use the RV settings. But, I can be wrong (last happened in 1983) so call Garmin at 800.800.1020.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
IOW you want to turn your Dezl into a RV 770? I don't completely understand the question, since I've never heard of such a thing. Or are you simply talking about route avoidances and restrictions?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"