cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting pic from camera card to win 10

path1
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I put off upgrading until Microsoft forced it on me. Now when I put camera card into the slot on computer nothing happens. Before this great upgrade, I put in card and little icon came up and I doubled tapped it and looked at pic's. Now nothing happens. Any help?

I tried finding it by digging around DOS. Haven't been in that side for sometime. Interesting... if it weren't for "Microsoft hot fix" where would I be? Glad they don't make planes. Even more reason why I'm thinking about my next computer be a Mac.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
6 REPLIES 6

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
You might try - start/settings/devices/autoplay then select the memory card default you want.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

ncscz
Explorer
Explorer
When I have a camera card that Windows will not read but the camera does, I leave the card in the camera and plug the camera into a usb port.

I have used this for cell phone cameras, tablets, game camera or a simple digital camera. Most of the time Windows will see the device's internal memory as 1 drive and the memory card as a different drive.
CarriGo
Model 2320

ReadyToGo
Explorer
Explorer
Here are 2 possible solutions.
First is to find 'this pc'. It will show up where you see desktop and other folders. Just click it and you should see your SD card.
The problem is that your SD card is not supported and the mfg hasn't sent new drivers to MS.
The second solution is to go to the mfg website and look for a new driver.
I have many old mp3 players and the first solution works for me every time.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for comeback

Still don't see it. After putting in card I did get a warning box that said...Z drive could not be located or has been deleted.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Good advice from JnJn above.
The drive with you camera card should show up in "file explorer."

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
Go down to your windows box in the bottom left corner, left click then select file explorer. You card should show up there, click it and view away.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".