cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Page

salem
Explorer
Explorer
On my PC I have two icons, among others, that I can click on to go the the internet. One is for Xfinity homepage and the other is for Yahoo. After I'm thru reading the Xfinity page there is a bar across the top of my page that let's me click on Yahoo without having to go to "Favorites." I now have a new laptop that I want to set up the same way but I don't recall how I did it. I'm having to go to "Favorites" and then open Yahoo instead of just being able to click it while I'm still on the Xfinity page, or close Xfinity and then click on the icon. Under "Tools" I have Yahoo as the go to home page. Did that question make sense to any of you?:h
10 REPLIES 10

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you for your kind help and patience. I believe I have it figured out now.

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
salem wrote:
SCH911: How would I get the "favorites" to appear across the top? Now they appear in a column down the right side when I click on "Favorites." Obviously, I wouldn't want all the favorites to appear on the top, but how would I select a few to do that?

Like this :

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
Another way is to Right click on the star in the top right corner and then click on favorites bar, but you may not have any home page icons until you add them to the favorits bar as previously mentioned.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
You don't want the Favorites but the Favorites Bar which will appear under your menu bar if you turn it on like I explained.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

salem
Explorer
Explorer
SCH911: How would I get the "favorites" to appear across the top? Now they appear in a column down the right side when I click on "Favorites." Obviously, I wouldn't want all the favorites to appear on the top, but how would I select a few to do that?

salem
Explorer
Explorer
This would be easier if I were more eloquent, or technically minded.:) When I'm on the Xfinity home page, there is a bar across the top that has the word "Yahoo" on it. After I'm finished reading whatever on Xfinity all I have to do is click on the Yahoo word and the page changes to the Yahoo home page. I would like to make the new laptop do that but I don't remember how I enabled the PC to do it. What I have to do now is either get out of the Xfinity page and then click on the Yahoo icon, or go to "Favorites" and click on Yahoo.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
salem wrote:
I think I understand what you're saying. That will make an icon on my opening screen. But, that isn't what I'm trying to do. I want it on the task bar along the top of the Xfinity page

No! you want it on your Favorites Bar which is that bar with push buttons for links at the top of the page....
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
You want to make it your home page?

salem
Explorer
Explorer
I think I understand what you're saying. That will make an icon on my opening screen. But, that isn't what I'm trying to do. I want it on the task bar along the top of the Xfinity page

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming you are using Internet Explorer, when you are on the Yahoo site, right-click on a blank space and Add to Favorites, then select the Favorites Bar as where you want it saved. If you don't see your Favorites Bar after that, right-click to the right of the menu and select Favorites Bar so it will be displayed at the top of the screen.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams