cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do I switch cell phones on Verizon

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a new for me LG phone to replace an Galaxy S5 with USB connector issues on my Verizon plan.

I'm sure I can repair the connector by switching it out (already purchased the kit) so I might eventually be switching back to it.

How hard is it to make the swap on their web site, rather then going into the Verizon store and letting them do it. I do realize that I have to swap the SIM card.

Is the switch immediate or is there a delay where I might not have cell service on either phone?

Thanks

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650
18 REPLIES 18

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Swapping the sim card may or may not be possible

Over the years SIM cards have been washed many times and since they are made from shrinkable fabric every time you wash 'em they SHRINK.. Ok, the wash is a joke but my original phone the SIM was a bit smaller than a postage stamp. Then it was about 1/4 that size. and now about 1/2 that size.

GO to the store. only takes 'em a few mintues.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™d call the Verizon customer service and they can tell you exactly the right procedure.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Just put the sims card in the phone and turn it on. Unless you want it registered with verizon for insurance repair reasons

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the store.....IMO