cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'm going to replace my Note 4 with ?

dreamer
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace my Samsung Note 4. I like the features of this phone, it has a great camera and storage can be added with a micro sd card. Is there a comparable phone that you would recommend? Thanks in advance. dreamer.
'07 HR Scepter - 400HP
'02 Tracker
'02 Honda Reflex
'16 Chevy Silverado - M&G Brake System
'17 RZR 900 Trail
'17 RZR 1000 High Lifter

How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone? - Bob Dylan
6 REPLIES 6

I still have 3 Samsung Note 4 on different networks. The main reason I resist upgrading is that it has built-in IR, so can control all my wireless devices, including legacy models. Came in handy at work when I forget to bring the remote for our new ceiling mounted Panasonic laser projectors in our conference rooms, as the Medialon touchscreen control was still being installed. Took less than a minute to add Panasonic to my Android remote app, which gave full operation/setup control. I've been told that Samsung dropped IR in smartphones due to complaints of people changing the channels at sport bars/restaurants? Though don't know if this is true?

I also like the fact that you can easily replace the battery, and have added internal wireless charging pads to all my Note 4. Just drop the Note 4 in a wireless charging cradle at home/work.

The Note 4 processor/screen res. are both still fairly comparable to newer models. So personally, not motivated to upgrade mine.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I recently replaced my Note 4 with the Note 10+. I like it. Figure out what you want and hope there's a July 4th sale.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I would say stick to the Note also.If your carrier is T Mobile you might get a good deal, or if you switch to them you get a good deal. I have a Note 9 for a year and a half, and their already offering me $500 dollar off on a new phone.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If youโ€™ve had good results with the Note 4, suggest you buy the newest version of the same phone.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
If you want another phone with the stylus the other alternatives are
Samsung note 8 9 or 10 or 10+
LG stylo 3 , 4, or 5
Motorola motoG stylus.
And I think Huwaei or another chinese maker has some too.
All available with reviews from amazon or BestBuy As well as reviews on various web sources.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
I would go with a Note 10
2010 Suncruiser