cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

i pad or ?

Ziphead2
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are planning a road trip out west for a few months and I have a question and need some advice. I have a lap top computer now and I am looking to replace it with another one but am also thinking of just getting a good I Pad? I dont create or send alot of documents or complicated items. I just pay bill or e-mail some time. I feel an I pad will do the job on the road and easier to use? Any suggestions? thanks
19 REPLIES 19

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I think it has to do with personal preference. Imagine doing the things you mentioned on your phone, but a bigger screen. That's basically what a tablet is. I prefer my laptop, with a mouse and real keyboard. I have a friend who does everything on her phone. I could never do that! I do have a small tablet (not an iPad) but only use it for games, which I do like it for.

Are you a Mac/iPhone owner? Is that why you are considering an iPad? If not, there are several Android tablets. I use a Mac laptop, Windows laptop in the household, and Android phone and tablet. But not everyone is tri-lingual ๐Ÿ™‚

All these electronics travel with us!
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
For bill paying or email where I have to type, a laptop is more convienent.

Unless you are really desperate to save space/weight just take both.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you're familiar with Apple an Ipad would probably work fine. But if you're used to Android, or Windows computing, you won't like the Apple locked down system. I like being able to do what I want, and the way I want, not what the computer wants.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I have the same thoughts. I purchased a used Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 SM-T500 on ebay for less than $100.00. It appears to do all I want as long as I have WIFI internet service which I have in my TV. I also got a used Chrome Book for about the same price. Think I like the CB with it's keyboard best.

I-pad is $$$$$.

PS I am 86 years old. Need something to keep my brain working.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos