cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

internet router use

shannon62
Explorer
Explorer
we saved a whole house internet router from our house i am carrying around with me will we ever have a use for it,i used to have internet hard wired to it.we are full time now. thanks for any help.shannon
5 REPLIES 5

shannon62
Explorer
Explorer
yes it is a cable modem router so not wireless. thanks for info i will give it to a grounded friend. thanks shannon.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
shannon62 wrote:
we saved a whole house internet router from our house i am carrying around with me will we ever have a use for it,i used to have internet hard wired to it.we are full time now. thanks for any help.shannon

How do you connect to the internet?
Cell phone. Or Cellular hot spot?
Park Wi-FI.
Other (Please comment)

WHen I was on the road I used a combination of Cellular hotspot and park wi-fi.. What's more I had a few devices that relied on STATIC IP so I had to have a "home" router

I used a Ubiquiti Nano Station, coupled with a Belkin router (I DO NOT recommend Belkin) The Nano station, would connect to my internet source (Phone or park) and the router served up the data.

NOTE: Some places id did not work. I had to "Reconfigure" depending on the Internet source (in short not for the faint of heart)

But I was able to park the nano station at the op of a portable flag pole.. that gave it a LOT and I mean a LOT more range when looking at the park wi-fi.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Sounds like a cable modem/router. Most likely not. It would have to be compatible with your new internet service provider.

Most concerning issue with any router is if updated security firmware is available. If not, it can be a security risk that can compromise your home network and all computers that connect to it.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Wireless router? Could connect to your Starlink to connect your laptops, tv, fridge, thermostat and every other "smart" device you have to the internet.

Otherwise if not connected in 18 months probably better to let it go as you are doing fine without.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
It could be used but imo better to use a cellular based router.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.