cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a gutless wonder?

KC8RXQ
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a Thor Synergy which has the King Jack antenna mounted just like it's supposed to be. I was finally able to find the "power injector" station in a cubby hole but here is the puzzling part. The base of the antenna does not have the King SureLock Signal Meter...it's completely empty with the exception of the directional control knob. The King website has only one manual and there is no indication there, or anywhere on the King website that allows for the deleting of the meter.

So, after a long-winded discourse has anyone else come across this situation and was it corrected to your satisfaction?

Thanks,
Ed
Ed and Robin
Travelling buddies: Nina, Kit and Mickey
2016 Thor Synergy TT24, Ming Blue
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3.0L, V6
1 REPLY 1

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
First the SurLock is junk.. I like the Winegard Sensar Pro much better (it doubles as the power injector by the way, or replaces it)

If the antenna is rotatable,, (if not then no signal meter will help) if the antenna is rotatable.. Put it up, scan with your TV, turn about 1/4 turn and scan again. Take notes, pick the quadrant that gives best results, pick a staion and use the TV's signal meter to peak the thing.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times