Just switched new Verizion Plan

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
What could be better more data - lower price and rollover
just switched online
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks
19 REPLIES 19

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Sprint unlimited hotspot from UnlimitedVille costs $42.99/month and is very good. That offer requires that you have a legitimate business. This offer is expiring soon but if you get it you are tied into a 2 year service contract. I will keep the lower Verizon plan for my phone and the Sprint MiFi takes care of everything else including my Win 10 random updates.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
test
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
I'm sticking with my converted Millenicom hotspot - $100.07 per month for 20GB, can be suspended for $10.00 per month. It doesn't make sense for me to switch to a shared phone/data plan since my phone is on AT&T with unlimited data.

I'm also a Millenicom orphan with the grandfathered 20GB plan from Verizon and the original Millenicom-issued MiFi device. Waiting for Verizon rates to go below $100 for a 20GB plan and then I will jump ship.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sticking with my converted Millenicom hotspot - $100.07 per month for 20GB, can be suspended for $10.00 per month. It doesn't make sense for me to switch to a shared phone/data plan since my phone is on AT&T with unlimited data.

trafficmaker
Explorer
Explorer
Another factor some may be missing is each of our 3 phones is only $15 a month currently, plus the 24 month payment plan amount on each. The new plans raise the individual phone fee to $20 a month. So I can go from 15 gb to 18 gb for $10 less per month data fee, but will see a $15 increase a month for phone fees. No thanks!
2014 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Double Cab and a really nice tent.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I went from 25gb at $175 to 30gb at $135. I could have gone to 24gb at $110 but I occasionally get real close to 25 so 30gb is good for me. Saving $40/month with 5gb increase in my plan is good and the rollover and Canada/Mexico addition is included. The lower usage plans did go up slightly it seems.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
MrWizard wrote:

There is no meter they can come read,
It's all counted at the server
and quite accurately.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MrWizard
I remember $49.99 for 5 gig
That's $10 a gig, anybody here really want to go back to that ?

That 24 gig would cost $240

Companies price it in tiers , not by the byte, megabyte, etc..
They price it where the most users will buy it
There is no meter they can come read,
It's all counted at the server
Somebody would always be B*t#ing about some few mega bytes their phone data showed versus the server count
And be contesting the bill
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
pigman1 wrote:
you can view your use on the MY VERIZON Mobile app as many times as you want to so you can keep track of your use.
Sure, but wouldn't it just be so much easier to be billed on usage, like your electric utility?

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Bucky Badger wrote:
pigman1 wrote:
Looks like the price went UP to me. No thanks, I'll stay with my current plan
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/6/12105608/verizon-plan-price-increase-carryover-data-safety-mode

yeah pretty bad Verizon seems to be the new KOA..Keep on adding

Verizon notes that the new plans offer at least 30 percent more data than before, but the prices of each tier have gone up between 10 and 17 percent. The cheapest plan now runs $35 per month (up from $30) and offers 2GB of data. The most expensive option provides 24GB of data for $110 per month. Each plan includes unlimited talk and text, but requires an additional $20 per month access fee for each line of service in addition to any device payments. (Tablets and mobile hotspots carry a $10 per month access fee, while connected devices, such as smartwatches, have a $5 per month access fee.)

Bad information I went from 20 @ 120 to 24 @ 110 what part of that is a price increase - I happen to be a CPA but even my 3 year old grandson knows that is not a price increas
I don't want 20 or 24 gig, I want 6. My choice is to pay $20 more for data I don't want or pay the same for 2 gig less. Sure sounds like a rate increase to me as well as those who wrote the article.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
pigman1 wrote:
2oldman wrote:
I could sure use lower phone bills.. which plan exactly?

Kinda irks me they price data like they do. You have to guess how much you'll use and pay for it even if you don't.
Yeah, but once you decide on a data package you can view your use on the MY VERIZON Mobile app as many times as you want to so you can keep track of your use. I made a little graph and plot use v/s where I should be. The same could be done on a little table that you can set up too.
Pigman & Piglady
Street Atlas USA Plus

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

Kinda irks me they price data like they do. You have to guess how much you'll use and pay for it even if you don't.
Yeah, but once you decide on a data package you can view your use on the MY VERIZON Mobile app as many times as you want to so you can keep track of your use. I made a little graph and plot use v/s where I should be. The same could be done on a little table that you can set up too.
Pigman & Piglady
Street Atlas USA Plus

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
pigman1 wrote:
Looks like the price went UP to me. No thanks, I'll stay with my current plan
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/6/12105608/verizon-plan-price-increase-carryover-data-safety-mode

yeah pretty bad Verizon seems to be the new KOA..Keep on adding

Verizon notes that the new plans offer at least 30 percent more data than before, but the prices of each tier have gone up between 10 and 17 percent. The cheapest plan now runs $35 per month (up from $30) and offers 2GB of data. The most expensive option provides 24GB of data for $110 per month. Each plan includes unlimited talk and text, but requires an additional $20 per month access fee for each line of service in addition to any device payments. (Tablets and mobile hotspots carry a $10 per month access fee, while connected devices, such as smartwatches, have a $5 per month access fee.)

Bad information I went from 20 @ 120 to 24 @ 110 what part of that is a price increase - I happen to be a CPA but even my 3 year old grandson knows that is not a price increas
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II