cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a 29" LCD TV

slotsavegas
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to find a good brand of 29" TV for my bedroom.
I want ONLY an LCD screen and can't seem to find anything
but LED and Plasma.

In my opinion LED and Plasma don't hold up as well in
a vibratiing and extreme temperature environment (high and low)
as do LCD models. Plus the LCD technology is cheaper.

But finding one has turned out to be a
serious challenge.

Anyone care to offer suggestions ?

Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

Sony also makes a 25" PVMA250 OLED monitor for $5,520., which comes with a built-in waveform/vectorscope. But are these really considered consumer models? They're not HDTVs, and are designed for specialized applications such as for TV/Movie production or medical industry. But already outdated in the movie industry as most all now are shooting in 4K or higher rez.

No one makes a 29" consumer OLED HDTV? Which would cost many times more than an LED HDTV. But you may have an OLED screen in your smartphone if its a Samsung Galaxy S4/S5?

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
And to add to the confusion, there is also OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode). Large OLED TVs are just starting to hit the consumer market. Sony introduced a 10" model several years ago. An OLED display needs no back-light because each pixel is a tiny LED.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
First off you don't want plasma in a motor home, A: power hogs, B: vibration is their enemy

now. there are two kinds of LED televisions.

1: And this may just be the world's largest, is the LG roof over "The Freemont Street Experience" in Las vegas.. I have no clue as to how many LED's there are there but it's a multiple block long viedo screen that shows shows eery period of time in the evenings.

2: LCD with LED backlight.. This is what i have, times 3, here in teh motor home..

There are basically 3 kinds of back lights. LED, Florescent and a strange panel I have seen (Electro luminescence)

LED's are I very strongly suspect. the best.. I've had Florescent fail. (Laptop computers sometimes use that) but the part that went bad does not even exist on an LED tv.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
An LCD TV and an LED TV are both LCD TV's. The only difference is the back lighting which is done with LED's rather than florescent.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

trop-a-cal
Explorer
Explorer
Remember the dimensions are for diagonal screen, and not width.

docj
Explorer
Explorer
There is very little real difference between LED and LCD TVs. It is pretty much just the backlight. I agree that plasma TVs are a lot more sensitive but I'm not sure where you got your information about LEDs.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I have had an LG 26" LED in my coach for 4 years and have traveled some very rough roads with no problems. I would think that LCD which have a fluorescent back-light would be more of a problem. They also draw more power than LED.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN