cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

older gps update

TheCanuckian
Explorer
Explorer
bought a Garmin 2270 at a garage sale. Cannot find a way to get an update. it is connected to computer ok, have downloaded all proper software.

when I try to update, Garmin says that the maps are not compatible with the StreetPilot 2270.

Any ideas, anyone......anyone....Ferris ??
2014 Bighorn 5th Wheel ---- 2012 Cedar Creek Cottage

Marc and Linda -2 Yorkies- LuLu and LollyPop

Endless Summer.... Quebec and Florida

Visit our Blog - The Canuckian๐Ÿ™‚
20 REPLIES 20

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still using the GPS I bought in 2008.
I have 'never' updated it on line. And It works just fine.

The GPS itself, while driving down the road, corrects when roads have been moved or new ones added. I have never had a need to update it.

I used the computer just to recharge the battery once the week after I bought it and it changed a bunch of stuff on my menu.:(
I have not ever plugged it back into the computer since them.

IMHO I think that whole map update stuff is just to get you to connect on line and give them your info.

I have a very old, never been updated, virgin TomTom that still gets me where I want to go.:B

I full time with it.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I hope you didn't pay very much for it. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a refund.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
A quick Google shows that unit was released in the early 2000s and only has a 3.8 inch display. It must have not been very popular, there's hardly any info online about it.

My guess is it's not flash based like the Nuvi models, and it can't be updated in the same fashion. If the Garmin software says it's up to date, they're pretty much the final word.

Keep an eye on an Amazon website called woot.com - they often have refurbished Garmin in the 5 inch size for under $100, and they include 'lifetime' maps and traffic.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know the answer but I had to scrap my 10 year old Garmin 7200 when the memory wasn't enough to load the entire US. I had to back off to only half the country that included my Illinois.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)