cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Printer

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Looking for a good home office color printer/scanner ... HP, Canon, etc.

Wife has bought several over a couple years, and it works for a few months, starts acting strange, won't print properly. She reboots, she shuts it down, reinstalls - still no luck.

We'd like a dependable reasonable cost ($200/$300) home printer - it's not full time commercial office, just work at home on projects.

Not looking for 'cheap' just dependable. Any suggestions? Thanks ... M44
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
18 REPLIES 18

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator
I have 2 HP Neverstop Laser Printers. One with the scanner and one without They both only print shades of black but are fast and cheap to use. The scanner version would fit your budget. My daughter has the more expensive HP color Neverstop Laser Printer and is happy with it. It is more expensive.

I still have an HP Photosmart 7520 I use for color printing, fax, and scanning. I brought it back from the dead after I got the Nonstop Laser printers.
Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
go to a laser printer.

Ink jets get clogs when not used often. Sometimes you can "steam" the print head over a kettle.

Laser avoids that problem.

this ^^^ and take a look at the line of Brother laser printers. our Brother B&W laser is going strong after 10-yrs. i never had that sort of longevity from any other printer.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Yes I want laser years ago and haven't looked back. But the downside is it's only black and white. Color laser is/was too expensive for my tasets
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
go to a laser printer.

Ink jets get clogs when not used often. Sometimes you can "steam" the print head over a kettle.

Laser avoids that problem.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.