cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase of RV cover

gatesy12
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a RV cover at Greensboro NC location in late August after receiving info in mail that this was to be lowest price of the year, but last week got an email from them saying now was the time to buy your RV cover as this was the lowest prices available. Indeed now prices are around $100 cheaper than my purchase at the lowest price of the year. Called Camping World and was told they could not help me I needed to return to store and return my cover and then purchase new one at new lower price. Great idea but I'm miles from any store and cannot understand as a loyal member since 1996 they cant just adjust the price.
I guess they are so big now that you have to obey there commands but a $100 is a lot to someone on a fixed income.
9 REPLIES 9

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
.Sorry, bad math. I’m on vacation!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I think you could probably buy a Sunshield tarp cheaper than either price. Search this Forum for my posts on Sunshield.
There are lots of pricing gimmicks. Two come to mind: 25% off (off of what?) and the add for an assortment of food for $49 instead of the regular $200. BUT the price is ALWAYS $49 so what is the regular price?
If the admin doesn't like the use of OS just delete the name and put in `unnamed food supplier'
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

gatesy12
Explorer
Explorer
check your math end of august to now isn't 4 months and my beef is false advertising by them

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
The purchase was made 4 months ago. Even stores that advertise price guarantees usually limit it to 30 days. How long do you expect the store to honor a low price guarantee, assuming Camping World even had one in the first place?

It is possible the supplier lowered their prices. Happens all the time!

gatesy12
Explorer
Explorer
seems that way but people I talked to didn't want to help.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like they could look it up online and credit you the difference.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, if only life was still truly that easy. Welcome to the world of electronic computerized imprisonment and people who still don't know how to use it.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
gatesy12,

Thank you for contacting Camping World. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to assist. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Thank you,
Stacy
Good Sam Care Team