cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rand Mcnally dock?

mike54
Explorer
Explorer
I have two laptops both running Windows 10 both will down load the dock software neither will open the software when my Rand Mc nally 7725 gps is plugged. I contacted Mc nally support he remotely went through my laptop and tried reinstalling the software he said there is nothing wrong with the software must be a setting on my laptop but he don't know where to look. Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it?
Mike
2005 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins diesel
2007 Montana 3500rl
8 REPLIES 8

BlueJean
Explorer
Explorer
I do, but I learned from another forum to delete a directory and that worked like magic!
If you can go here this is what I did:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/rand-mcnally-dock-using-windows-10-a-303730.html

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the .NET framework 3.5 or higher installed? Is required for the Dock software to run.
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

denn0007
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a new 7735lm. When I downloaded RM Dock I could not connect my GPS. RM support was no help. A buddy told me to charge the GPS in my car, then everything went fine. My laptop is running Windows 10. Had to install the download twice to get it to launch properly. mRM Dock said my device was not connected. After I charged the unit all was fine.

BlueJean
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having the same exact problem. Cant update the device because the software will NOT launch. Win10 has something going on that RM needs to address.
I've gone through ALL the compatibility things but cannot find why it will not even load at boot.
What a waste, I paid $300+ for something that I cant get updates for or download the trips from GoodSamClub.

mike54
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Windows 10 right click in apps, open as administrator. This may help with issue.

didn't help thanks
Mike
2007 Montana 3500rl

mike54
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
If you right click on the ICON do you get an option to troubleshoot compatibility?
Give that a try.

didn't help thanks
Mike
2007 Montana 3500rl

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Windows 10 right click in apps, open as administrator. This may help with issue.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
If you right click on the ICON do you get an option to troubleshoot compatibility?
Give that a try.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind