cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rand McNally GPS

tyaughton
Explorer
Explorer
So we pull into the campground at St John's and the GPS starts screaming like a banshee and fades to white. It won't turn off. It won't shut up. Had to hit the reset button. I expect anything of interest that was in there (like our gas and mileage for the last 6,000 miles is lost), not to mention any saved locations from along the way. WTF?? The unit is barely three years old!
Is this fixable? Should I scrap Rand and replace with a Garmin?? Just so annoyed.
3 REPLIES 3

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
tyaughton,

Thank you for your time and post. I was able to locate a technical service line for Rand McNally ( 877-446-4863 ). Hope this can help with the problems you are experiencing.

Thank you,

Mark
Marcus' Rapid Response Team

RandMcSam
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to offer my assistance should you require any additional help. It appears you have temporarily solved the problem, but Iโ€™d like to make sure itโ€™s resolved completely. Low battery on the device can sometimes cause connectivity issues to PCs, as each new OS/Hardware combo continues to limit power supplied to the USB port to conserve battery life. Iโ€™ve linked our support page with the relevant contact information should you not already have that information in front of you. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Tech Support please click here

Rand McSam

RandyBrendaNick
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Rand McNally 7725 that wasn't a year old that took us on a trip around Provo Utah for two hours going in circles. We saw so many nice houses and churches, but able to get out and start heading for Winnemucca Nevada. When I got home I tried to update and it said Corrupted Device, so I thought I will do this later. Well over a year past and I contact Rand McNally and told them what happened and they sent mt a tag to send the unit to them to repair at no cost. I was relieved. Call 877-446-4863, best of luck to you.