cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rand McNally RVND 7710 7-Inch GPS vs. Garmin

cameronpatentla
Explorer
Explorer
I recently ranted (!) about the Rand McNally GPS in the Infotainment System in our new Winnebago ERA 70X (the rant, in all its glory, is in our blog, too www.era70x.com)

Because I cannot depend on the built in GPS (which cost $1,500), I'm thinking about buying a standalone GPS. Interestingly, the Rand McNally 7710 GPS reviewed on Amazon has a lot of the same freezing up/latency/defects of the built in GPS (which, by the way is vended by Xite (2014 XSG2NA-X1 Infotainment System Family
with Rand McNally RV GPS).

I wonder if it is the Rand provided software to Xite that makes the unit so buggy and worthless. In any event, any input from users on the best Garmin, Magellan, TomTom, Rand (!), GPS units (for RV or otherwise) would be appreciated. Cheers, Mike era70x.com
16 REPLIES 16

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Lot's of previous posts on this subject if you will search this Forum for `gps' then search the results for `garmin' or `rand' etc. Our dezl760LMT seems to be working well for us. It has the options for `car', `rv', or `truck' and supposedly routes accordingly. You can input the RV dimensions to, hopefully, avoid low underpasses. I have used Garmin for years on my boat and now my tow vehicle and think it does a good job; not perfect but far better than map reading.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Garmin RV 760LMT. Have had no such problems...
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad